A good question! about oil scalp

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
hi! i am on finasteride about 6 weeks. my shampoo is hexaphane(its a nutricional shampoo vitamin b5,b6 etc..) and i am using for a week nizoral shampoo 3 times a week. i have read in this forumm that nizoral is very good for help in hair fall. My problem is this: i have very oil scalp, i wash my hair all the days of the week, alternating with the two shampoo, and when i came back to home in the night i have my scalp very very oil! all days is like that, the hair when i go to schooll is ok and in the night is very oil. i know oil is bad to fight hair loss, and i think one big percent of my loss of hair is derivated of that. i whant to control my oil scalp but dont know how! can anyone help me? niziral dont fight oil scalp? is necessary buy another shampoo for oil scalp and alternate with the other two? is this a good think wash my hair twice a day? in the moorning and in the night to hair my scalp always good? please give me some sugestions! thanscks..

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
OK you asked for it. I'm going to go into it once again. My new regimen is working and might really help you, my friend.

Its been 4 weeks now. My shed has stopped in its tracks. My scalp is not itching and not flaking. I have new hairs growing out.

I am applying essential oils to my scalp every day. These oils will actally regulate the natural oils on any scalp.

What you do is get a carrier oil, one ounce. The best one is EMU oil. Then you get the essential oils of Lavender and Cedar wood and Rosemary oil. Put 3 drops of each into the one ounce of EMU oil. You can apply it, leave it on for an hour, then wash it out. I have found the best way to do it is to apply it at night and wash it out in the morning.
Now for me, I also apply Borage seed oil. This one is a very powerful topical DHT inhibiter, but is very thick and oily. I think this is the one oil that is really helping here.

Give it a try for a week and see if something happens.

Good luck

Alex57

Reaction score
goingoinbutnotgone : Where do you get those oils? I checked walgreens but they have them mixed in with other stuff, or just in pill form. Thanks!

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
Go to a health food store.

The essential oils are very expensive. $9-$30 per bottle for .3 0z.
But you only use a few drops at a time.

Emu oil comes in a larger bottle.

I'm still having good results. Well over a month and I am no longer shedding!

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Instead emu oil, I should use jojoba oil (similar to our sebum). Vegetable oil versus animal oil.

Armando

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
Armando, have you tried this treatment yet? If so, what are your results?

On the jojoba oil, I suppose that would work. The emu oil is a better product to use (unless you personnaly object to using animal products).
It has amazing healing and absorbing properties. Do a google search on emu oil and hairloss. Very interesting. I must note that I used emu oil alone for a while with no results(except a nice feeling scalp).
It wasn't until I added the potent essential oils that my shed stooped. I still lose a few hairs, but it is probably at the "normal" fallout rate, not dozens in the tub/sink. I am really excited about this. Seems like I'm the only one however.