a few questions

shakermaker

Reaction score
I keep putting off going on finasteride because of the "shedding" that can happen unless im one of the lucky ones. My hair is going at the sides which has been happenning slowly since i was 18 (im 22 now) but still looks good and i can style it so its not that obvious, it didnt bother me that much but over the last say 3 years my sides have been getting worse. I went to the doctors and asked him what he thought was going on with my hair all he done was looked at my head pulled my hair aside, asked me if anyone on my mothers side of the family had male pattern baldness (which they do) and said yep you are suffereing frpm male pattern baldness.

And now the front is thinning alot but only over say the past 6 months, i never really see any hairs after i shower or on my pillow etc when i run my hands through my hair only a few are in my hand . Ive been through alot of sh*t this year i split up with my wife and had to move back with my parents, 3 of my grandparents died, i couldnt work for 6months through an injury.

So i have some questions

1.) Because ive been through alot of stress over the past 1year or so does this mean it could of speeded up the process of male pattern baldness?

2.) because i dont seem to be noticbly loosing hair that much at the moment or its happening slowly that if i did experience sheds with finasteride that it wouldnt be that bad or wouldnt happen at all?

3.) is it worth getting a second opinion from another doctor or is it that easy to tell if i have male pattern baldness?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
shakermaker said:
1.) Because ive been through alot of stress over the past 1year or so does this mean it could of speeded up the process of male pattern baldness?

Yes

2.) because i dont seem to be noticbly loosing hair that much at the moment or its happening slowly that if i did experience sheds with finasteride that it wouldnt be that bad or wouldnt happen at all?

There is simply no way to predict. Sorry.

3.) is it worth getting a second opinion from another doctor or is it that easy to tell if i have male pattern baldness?

It's always worthwhile to consult a professional - preferably one experienced in hair loss matters.