A Few Questions on minoxidil

Ireallyhatethis

Reaction score
All right as I said in my first post, I JUST started minoxidil. I really shoulda asked these questions before I decided to take it huh? Anyway my questions are these

1) My derm. told me Rogaine works for 4 out of 5 men, I think that is BS cause I read somewhere else that it's something like 1 out of 3 people respond to it. I think he may have gottan Propecia mixed up with Rogaine. The first Derm. i went to put me on Propecia, which I am thankful that I went to him first. I didn't tell my second one that I was already on Propecia to see what he would say. He told me not to use Propecia because of the side effects and that stat about Rogaine and told me to use that. Well I am on both now so I didn't listen to him but whatever.

2) I need some help here. Since I am going to be at college, I was thinking I could apply one of the Rogaine applications at say 10 AM and then the next at 6, is that too early btw for applications?

and finally

3) I know you have to wait 4 hours to take a shower but I figured I'd take the shower at 5:30 and then apply it after I dried it a good amount at 6 like I said. However my question would be how long must I wait to do such things as style the hair, and/or wear a hat or something along those lines?

your responses are much appreciated. It is kind of funny though, I am more worried about when I am going to apply my Rogaine then I am about the whole College experience haha, O well, thanks guys

G

Ireallyhatethis said:
All right as I said in my first post, I JUST started minoxidil. I really shoulda asked these questions before I decided to take it huh? Anyway my questions are these

1) My derm. told me Rogaine works for 4 out of 5 men, I think that is BS cause I read somewhere else that it's something like 1 out of 3 people respond to it. I think he may have gottan Propecia mixed up with Rogaine. The first Derm. i went to put me on Propecia, which I am thankful that I went to him first. I didn't tell my second one that I was already on Propecia to see what he would say. He told me not to use Propecia because of the side effects and that stat about Rogaine and told me to use that. Well I am on both now so I didn't listen to him but whatever.

2) I need some help here. Since I am going to be at college, I was thinking I could apply one of the Rogaine applications at say 10 AM and then the next at 6, is that too early btw for applications?

and finally

3) I know you have to wait 4 hours to take a shower but I figured I'd take the shower at 5:30 and then apply it after I dried it a good amount at 6 like I said. However my question would be how long must I wait to do such things as style the hair, and/or wear a hat or something along those lines?

your responses are much appreciated. It is kind of funny though, I am more worried about when I am going to apply my Rogaine then I am about the whole College experience haha, O well, thanks guys

Minoxodil efficacy data is availabe on this website in the research section, as it the data for propecia alone and the two drugs together.

Twice a day is optimum. Don't sweat the spacing too much.

Four hours before showering is what the research study uses. I often only wait an hour or two. Dr. Lee has indicated this is likely sufficient.

Good luck and figure on very little regrowth from Minoxidil alone. Add the finasteride and nizoral for maxium effect. Expect for it to take up to a year to really rock on your male pattern baldness.

Ireallyhatethis

Reaction score
Thanks Bruce, and I am on all three currently. Secondly how much does the NANO Shampoo cost, and are there any clinical trials or testimonials or anything. I went to the site that you provided a link to on another post and the picture they showed of someone just using the shampoo seemed very good lol. Almost too good for a shampoo. The only reason I am hesitant is because I am sure it costs alot(I'm already dishing out 50 Bucks for Propecia, 20 for Rogaine, and whatever Nizoral costs). Anyway I just want to know if you think it's worth it, thanks.

G

Ireallyhatethis said:
Thanks Bruce, and I am on all three currently. Secondly how much does the NANO Shampoo cost, and are there any clinical trials or testimonials or anything. I went to the site that you provided a link to on another post and the picture they showed of someone just using the shampoo seemed very good lol. Almost too good for a shampoo. The only reason I am hesitant is because I am sure it costs alot(I'm already dishing out 50 Bucks for Propecia, 20 for Rogaine, and whatever Nizoral costs). Anyway I just want to know if you think it's worth it, thanks.

$39 for about a four month supply. Science is sound but no clinical trials. I have been using it for many years and subjectively, it helps, but is nowhere near as proven as the Big Three.

It is your call but I think it MIGHT be worth it to avoid the sheds.

Good luck