A few questions about big 3 andminiaturized hair.

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Is it a normal reaction after you have started big 3 your hair gets stiff / inflexible ? I'm sorry I'm not quite sure what's the exact word that I'm looking. You know when I run my hand over my hair it just feel a bit like my beard ?

And second question is about miniaturized hair. I noticed that my hairline contains quite a lot long colorless thing hair. Is there a change that these hair transforms back to normal hair in the future.

I've seen how guys like Zeroheat has grew even new temples while his temples was 98% bald. So is there a change my hairline will get as it was like a year ago? And how about vellus hair on temples could it become a normal hair in the future ?

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ben I appreciate! I would say that if the majority of my miniaturized hair at the frontal hairline would return "normal" it would look quite good ( as it was ). The hair isn't dead at that spot the hair has lost density and color and the most of these hair are still long.

I guess the stiffness could be caused because of the nizoral or my other shampoo or then I'm just thinking that. When I asked my sister's opinion about how my hair felt 2 weeks ago she said it felt rather soft than stiff at that time I thought it felt stiff and it was before big 3.

I guess only the time will show what will happen with my hairline and temples. Nevertheless I can see a few short thick dark hair on my scalp at frontal area so that can't be a bad sign at least.

imbalding

Reaction score
I revived some miniaturised hairs with minoxidil. They looked like your eyebrow hair lengthwise and alot lighter in colour.
Now there noticably longer and very dark like normal hair.
took 2 months of min to see them begin to transform.
3 months + in and looking better still.
hopefully they will keep growing like this.

so the answer to question 2 is yes definately.

question 3 yes of course, but depends on the individual same applies for the above aswell I think.
I guess we all have some hairs that recently died, these may not be visable or may look like white stumps , but if the folicle is still alive then a growth stimulent can give them the breath of life once again.

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks dude that gave me a lot of hope. Of course everyone is an individual but at least I know that there's a chance :)

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
What about should I apply minoxidil on dry or wet scalp ? I've read that someone's getting better results with wet scalp someone said minoxidil absorbs 10x better but I don't know was that fact or just his opinion.

When I'm applying minoxidil all over my head what would be the best way ? Rubbing min on my hand and then all over or how ? I'm a bit afraid that when I'm applying minoxidil it stays on hair and not go on scalp ?

What about can I keep a couple of hours break daily being without minoxidil. At the moment I'm applying it to bare skin so it irritates a bit and I would like to add some lotion daily before minoxidil. I work out daily so if I keep a couple of hours break after showering and giving my temples to breath and absorb some lotion I guess that can't be too bad for my progress ?

imbalding

Reaction score
I put mine on dry and I can feel in on there, but its doesnt make me irritant or want to scratch it. no idea about wet skin.

presume your using liquid, just drop it on in several places spreading it out with the dropper and give your hair a rub around. dont worry it will be on your scalp. If its for your hairline then its pretty simple to do.

and no idea I use it before bed and sometimes in the mornings when I can.
I think i read somewhere it has to be on 4 hours before you wash not entirely sure though.
aslong as your using it atleast once a day at any point during the day and leaving it for a few hours it should be fine.