A few basic questions

dizzy15

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have probably a NW2.1 or 2.2, with no hair loss in the crown. My Dad probably has more hair than I do, he his 50 something while I just turned 20. My mother's father had a receding hair line and his photos pretty much match up with mine in terms of a receding hair line. I started thinning when I was 18-19 yrs old and then a receding hair line. I guess that I have inherited this trait from my mother.

I was wondering if I should start on regime. I am going to see my derm next Monday and 2 months after that because I am on Accutane and it requires monthly checkups....just be glad u don't have to deal with that sh*t too! I don't know if he will also prescribe me finasteride and minoxidil along with accutane, but maybe I can start takin the hair supplements when I am finished with accutane. May God help my liver

My big question is this: Since I already am experience male pattern baldness, how long would I need to take hair supplements to counteract this? I saw that some people gained a lot of hair back on this forum, while others lost more. I guess it works for some, while others are just doomed. I don't mind if I need to take the pills for years, as long as don't have a mohawk caused by a receding hairline by the time I am 22.

Thanks guys.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you ever considered buzzing or shaving your head? Or have you completely ruled it out? If it suits you then you can save yourself a lot of money.