A dilema.. or maybe not

vogs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Been reading through many threads and posts and found the information to be very helpful.

I have never really thought about the possibility of going bald myself, that is, until 4 months ago.

I have always had substancial hair density, to the point of people nicknaming me "The mop", but recently, everything seems to have changed. I'm not sure if it was such a drastic change or if I simply just noticed it because of cutting my hair short.

My hair is kind of odd, it's very straight in the sides and back, and Very curly in the top, I used to use it with a "middle line" ( don't know exacly how to describe this hair style in English) and fairly long. Since I cut it, and started using it "sticking up" ( or whatever the name of the hair style is) I started noticing for the first time in my life my scalp. Just in the front of the top of my hair I can CLEARLY see the scalp. Now, I'm unsure if it is due to the new hair cut, or if I am actually loosing a lot of hair.

I'm also affraid that genetics are not really on my side.. my father and his Father are completely bald, but my Mother is as hairy has I thought I was, just like everyone in her side of the family.

Another thing is that during the period that I noticed I was loosig hair, I frequently looked in the shower drain and it I was indeed loosing a lot of hair. Actually, I would just place my hnd over my hair in the shower and It would come back with so much hair you wouldn't believe. When this happened I was going through a very difficult time i my life, in which I was constantly depressed. ( didn't take any medication though).

My dilema is.. that now.. I quite simply don't loose hair! And I mean not one single hair is noticable in the drain.. it seems like the sudden hair loss just stopped! :!:

What can this mean? That it was a temporary hair loss issue, or is it a temporary good phase I'm going throug and eventually, it will start falling again?