A decent shampoo to use on non-Nizoral days?

dsi

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Been lurking on this board on-and-off for the last 5 years, decided to finally join. I have had temple loss for several years, but I only started on Propecia 1mg/day last week after noticing thinning on my crown, which is pretty much what was starting to happen to my dad at about the same age (34). I have been incorporating Nizoral 2% for the past 4 years, about once a week (at best), but now am going to use it every 2 days.

I use Head & Shoulders on the days that I don't use Nizoral, but now I am reading that it does lots of damage to your hair because it uses 3 kinds of sulfates (sorry, I don't have the link but I think it was discussed on this forum a couple of years ago). So my question is, what is a decent shampoo that I should use, that is found in any store? BTW I am in Canada. I don't want to go through the trouble of ordering through eBay or online or whatever... I just want something decent and gentle for my hair.

Thanks!

kuros456

Reaction score
I use Body Shop Ginger. It contains piroctone olamine, which is possibly even better than ketoconazole. It makes you hair feel pretty good too. The only thing is you're probably gonna have to order it online. I get it off amazon.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
T Gel contains piroctone olamine too and salicylic acid, both helpful for hair loss.

dsi

Reaction score
global said:
T Gel contains piroctone olamine too and salicylic acid, both helpful for hair loss.

Thanks for the tips guys. Regarding T Gel, I saw a couple of varieties at the drug store today (the 2-in-1, the regular shampoo, and the extra strength one), but none of them had the above two ingredients listed. The active ingredient was Zinc Pyrithione, which is what Head & Shoulders has. Did I miss something? Are they listed in the ingredients but under a different name?

armandein

Established Member
Reaction score
: Aqua, Sodium Cocoamphodiacetate*, Aloe Barbadensis, Decyl Glucoside*, Coco Glucoside*, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus, Simmondsia Chinensis seed oil, Argania Spinosa oil, Butyrospermum Parkii, Vitis Vinifera seed extract, Spirulina, Thymus Mastichina, Rosmarinus Officinalis, Lavandula Angustifolia, Thymus Vulgaris, Vinegar, Saponaria Officinalis, Glyceryl Caprylate*, Sodium Oxidized Starch Acetate/Succinate*, Sodium Lactate*, Lactic Acid*, Sodium Succinate*, Levulinic Acid*, Anisic Acid*, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid.

What is your opinion?
Aloe vera, Argan, Jojoba, Spirulina, Grape seed Extract, lavanda, Rosmarinus, Thymus, shea butter,.... natural components not SLS, sunscreen, bactericida, antioxidant natural aromatherapy shampoo.