A Curious Observation

Finnjävel

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a NW2 with DPA. I have a very short hair atm, and I can't go anywhere without a hat. I recently went to Paris and I noticed that nobody wore a hat there, no matter how severely they were balding, so I left mine in the hotel room for the entire duration of the trip. I felt so carefree and liberated and had a great time out in the open, in direct sunlight with my dome shining :). When I came back to my home country, the anxiety and the hat came straight back. Damn but that was weird. :wow:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
My money is on India.

And this guy talks like he is bald. NW2 is a full head of hair. Jeez.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but you have to realise that when you first start balding you're an emotional wreck. I know NW6s look at the rest and say we don't know how good we have it but that doesn't make sense to us until it's truly sunk in that we should be grateful for what we have.

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
I just traveled through europe as well. I went to London, Monte Carlo and Italy. I can say that many english people are bald. And what sucks for them is that english people look terrible bald. Many bald young too, but they all rock it. I guess they just accept the look. Some looked good bald and had some good looking girls with them, but they didn't have the typical pale bald english look. Most had rounder heads with darker complexion and a good beard. In France I didn't see too many baldies but a bunch of happy fashionistas. Italy was different. Many italians must have fairly active 5AR enzyme. I am of italian descent and started balding at 17 so I have a very active enzyme. I started north in italy and went south to rome. Most everyone had thinning to some degree, even many of the women there. Some rocked bald, but they had a good look. Being from southern italy they had a nice darker complexion, sharper jaw lines and fairly good head shapes. The ones that rocked full bic would keep a good beard and dress fashionably and stay thin. I saw one guy on a pedal bike taxi that looked G as hell. Screw the status and career and all that. This guy was a pedal taxi and had great head shape, thin body type with good muscle tone, a great short beard, and great complexion, plus he sat in the pedal taxi like a boss. Turns out I'm from a town about 30 miles from rome and was turning heads left and right down there. A 6' 1" american with broad shoulders and better muscle tone than the rest while still remaining thin to fit in the european lifestyle gets the girls going. And the girl that I had a fling with said what got her was my jaw line. I'm only 22 and still developing and my current hair regime is working great. I'm getting back to my roots and going for that taxi driver's look, so if I do go bald I'll have that edgy confident and intelligent roman look.

Its all about how you carry yourself. Screw the hat Finn and start working on your posture and confidence, then people will start noticing you for the right reasons. Like Wiz Khalifa says, F trying to fit in, Imma stand out.

Ladysman

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Maybe you are handsome enough to offset an nw5 but you would have to be chizzed as fuch. Yeah, standing out is all good if your young and beautiful but there is such a thing as standing out for the wrong reasons. I'm sure you don't want any part of that kind of attention... when yo peeps ain't feelin your look.

Finnjävel

Established Member
Reaction score
My country is revealed in all my posts when you look carefully enough. DPA can make your hair look terrible when it's not at a certain length. Also, it can be a pain in the *** to groom when it's longer.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im not going through all your old threads to do detective work ha. I was just curious.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Got ya haha, and I was guessing as much. Maybe they just wear hats in Finland because it's cold. At least I've always thought of it being cold.

Finnjävel

Established Member
Reaction score
It's great that I can wear a beanie from roughly october to april without getting suspicious looks. In the summer, with a baseball cap, you get those 'hmm is he hiding something' looks.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's great that I can wear a beanie from roughly october to april without getting suspicious looks. In the summer, with a baseball cap, you get those 'hmm is he hiding something' looks.

What's the point in hiding? In Finland balding is a national disease.