A Cry Out For Help. Please Read This

Josh9010

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man what I would give to go back a year ago in time to where I never noticed anything wrong with my hair.
2 years ago I went through bootcamp and realized my how far my hairline was receding
I’ve had a receding hairline since the beginning of highschool but my barber could always make it unnoticeable to the point where I paid no attention to it.
After bootcamp my hair grew back and because it was so thick covered my hairline and looked good.
I got stationed in a very small town and the barbers suck.
In November of 2018 I saw hair on the shower floor and my life genuinely changed. I became obsessed with constantly checking to see if my hair is shedding. I’ve developed anxiety when ever I have to go to the bathroom because I have to look at a mirror. So fast forward I go home for leave. I explained to my barber what happened and he says my hair was always like that. Since I began highschool. So he cut it and to my dismay it looked like it always did.
I was shocked but my hair remained shedding. Hundreds of hairs every f*****g day. As if to constantly remind me that something isn’t right. I get it. Humans shed. But not like this. The weirdest part is that there’s no thinning. After I came back to my duty station a couple months passed and my hair started to look odd again. The hairs covering my hairline seemed to curl and lock up together causing for spaces of forehead in between hairs. My crown is fine. My dad has a perfect hairline and is 43 My grandfather is in his 70s and has basically lost his hair.
My moms dad had hair loss
That’s it
Today I was trying to fix my hair mimicking what my barber at home used to do but nothing looked like how he did it. I got upset and ran my hands through my damp hair and there was at least 50 hairs in each hand. I’m always stressed
I’m losing my mind
My life revolves around my hair
I find it hard to be happy
What’s going on with me

Attachments

• 55078E27-148F-43B1-8543-1AA8F0BCE5D0.jpeg
    55078E27-148F-43B1-8543-1AA8F0BCE5D0.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 311
  • 6CCD8D9B-88FD-4A97-B59C-958EC99C3F7E.jpeg
    6CCD8D9B-88FD-4A97-B59C-958EC99C3F7E.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 322

Shay5670

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man,

You’re definitely receeding as you know, your overal hair health looks great though so give it some time and see how it goes, if it gets to the point you are noticing it is getting progressively worse maybe get on something

John_zor

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still looks good and normal, it can't stay the same forever, monitor shedding, if you are losing more then 100 hairs a day it could be alarming. I've had few days period I've noticed a lot of hair, maybe 50-80 a day and I've never counter more then 25 a day. And now few days later it stopped.
Just avoid mirrors :) and think about something else, monitor every few months, take pictures and try to relax.

Your life doesn't revolve around your hair.

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you shedding that much hair i would do something against it. It started in the same way for me. I started to shed a large amount of hair 2 1/2 years ago. my mom, dad and brother have no hair loss. Everbody tried to calm me down and said its stress. Hell even the derms said i should calm down. today, im still loosing 200-300 hair a day and i am diffusing in nw6 pattern. almost there. do something against the shedding or you won't have your hair in a couple of years

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stress s bad for hair, but it affect all scalp hairs, ar you lossing only hairs on top?

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thinning hair is a b**ch...
All we can do is get protocol.
It’s just the chemistry of scalp, but no one can figure out the exact formula/factors.
1) supplement. I’ve tried hair pills. I like Pantogar. Not much in ingredients but my sides at least improving new hairs
2)Essential oils. Gosh I’ve tried at least 10.
But My latest is Costus Root oil. Good for skin/hair.
3)Peptides. Finasteride/Duasteride/SARMS
Check out sites. Nice true/tested products
4)Herbs /JAK Inhibitors
Horny Goat Weed & Dan Shen
5)Microneedling..
6) Minoxidil.. everyone knows it’s overrated but use it anyway
You should get some results from these.
Probably left some out.