A complicated success

ryanlovesBTBAM

Reaction score
I started receding and thinning out when I was about 20 years old. I am now 23 and have made a lot of progress. I have been on Finnasteride for over 6 months, recently started using Rogaine foam regularly (2 times daily) at the start of February,Nizoral shampoo (1%) in January. I also use Country Life Maxi-Hair Vitamin. My hair has become thicker with the use of each of these but it wasn't until recently that I noticed new growth on my left temple. The only complication is that there is not as noticeable growth in the right temple. I realize that any new growth is better than anything, but I would really like to hear input from anyone who has had this same issue or knows anyone who has. Any replies, suggestions, or input is appreciated. Thanks!

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had different regrowth on each side of my head (temples etc.). One side had far denser vellus growth which happened more quickly. The other side featured less vellus hairs but an increased number of terminal hairs by comparison. I'm not sure which to call the better side, but I'm leaning towards the one with more terminals until the vellus hairs develop.

I don't really know why this is the case, I had a slight suspicion that the way I slept (on one side quite often) might be having an effect. Perhaps we also didn't thin/recede at the same pace on each side, which is why one also responds to treatment faster than the other.

blmars

Banned
Reaction score
many people have a greater decline either a left or right.
nothing is regular with this ****.
I side more thinning left side right.