A brief report on the 'new' dutasteride study!

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
I don't think anyone ever doubted that dutasteride was worse on the front than placebo.

I really hope you meant that you don't think anyone ever thought that dutasteride was worse on the front than placebo. Which would stil be incorrect, but would make more sense than what you wrote.

CCS

Reaction score
JayMan said:
collegechemistrystudent said:
I don't think anyone ever doubted that dutasteride was worse on the front than placebo.

I really hope you meant that you don't think anyone ever thought that dutasteride was worse on the front than placebo. Which would stil be incorrect, but would make more sense than what you wrote.

yeah, your version is what I meant. It is what I thought, though I guess some people here had a different opinion. Even that site I might have misread said it better than placebo in front.

CCS

Reaction score
adfsafa

T

Timi

dutasteride

collegechemistrystudent

Is dutasteride Good for you? ore bad

my English ist bad

and have anyone Prostata Pain with dutasteride Daily?
i have Prostata Pain/burn the last 4Days and the Sex Drive ist Down

Timi

IDOASIS

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
So there you have it: despite some pretty wild conspiracy theories floating around here that the researchers noticed frontal thinning during the Glaxo trial and that that's at least one of the reasons why they stopped further male pattern baldness development for dutasteride, that claim isn't supported by this study. Both the expert panel and the investigators reported significantly improved FRONTAL hair in the dutasteride groups than in the finasteride group.

Bryan

Thanks for the info.
Just for the record, it slams the door on the result of scalp DHT in
the propecia FDA studies.

http://www.physics.upenn.edu/facultyinf ... index.html

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
IDOASIS said:
Bryan said:
So there you have it: despite some pretty wild conspiracy theories floating around here that the researchers noticed frontal thinning during the Glaxo trial and that that's at least one of the reasons why they stopped further male pattern baldness development for dutasteride, that claim isn't supported by this study. Both the expert panel and the investigators reported significantly improved FRONTAL hair in the dutasteride groups than in the finasteride group.

Bryan

Thanks for the info.
Just for the record, it slams the door on the result of scalp DHT in
the propecia FDA studies.

http://www.physics.upenn.edu/facultyinf ... index.html

What do you mean???

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bryan write:
"I personally have never been particularly interested in measurements of scalp DHT, for reasons which I've already explained until I'm blue in the face"

It is not a good option for a real scientist. I am really interested in measurements of scalp DHT, particullary in prepubers. I have a hunch that the result could put the actual androgenetic theory in his proper side. Sadly, I can not find any work regarding this point.

Armando

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, so you're still convinced that sebum causes balding, Armando? Here's a word of advice for you: don't hold your breath while you're waiting for that to be proven! :)

Bryan

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you my friend Bryan but, can I turn my face blue holding the breath?. I see, it must be a contagious agent around us.
I recommended the same for Mr. Foote now because he is trying to find out gender differences in lymphatic system in order to explain the huge different incidence of alopecia.
But, please Bryan, don't put words in my mouth. Sebum don't produce common baldness, but it is necessarily implicated in the earliest steps of this multifactorial process.
Regarding androgens concentration in hair follicles, please, do you know if they are constant in all phases of hair cycle?...,. Possibly don't, then it is very important the local effects of them, letting the asinchronicity of humans hairs.

Bryan you know very well that current androgenetic theory have a lot of problems, by example one of them: don't explain why in common alopecia the baldness begin in the front and crown (Ref. Hamilton scale) when androgens affect at the same time to ALL hairs. So the hair loss should be uniform pattern. My theory explain easily a lot of things.
On the other hand, can a scientist detect gender differences in scalp hairs?..., Possibly don't, then why don't affect equally at both sexes?.
Finally, if anyone says: "I have a dinosaurian in my garage", he must have strong evidence. My theory is based in the equality of all scalp hairs, so the androgenetic theory must probe very well that I am wrong. Occam razzor.

Armando