A bit of advice needed :)

manchester_83

Reaction score
Hi,

I am 22 and loosing my hair at the front. I trired propecia a couple of weeks back for 10 days but have just stopped because to be honest this forum put me off because there is quite a lot of negative thread about it - people gaining weight, acne, shedding hair etc, none of these I was told of when I ordered.
I was hoping to find something other than propecia that people have used which actually worked, is there anything out there? I am not ruling propecia out, I am not willing to just accept I'm loosing my hair at this age and just ignore it so if there isn't anything else I will start using it again and just hope I dont get these side effects.
Have a lot of you had some success on propecia? What I find is on forums people are quick to post the negative things with things but positive posts tend to get lost or not posted, I hope this is the case with propecia :).

Thanks
Dan

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well first off..everyone is different..some people claim to get acne or weight gain..or erectal disfunctions but like i said not EVERYBODY will get these.
Another thing to point out is that..you wont know if you will have any sides from propecia if you dont atleast use it...you said you used it for 10 days...thats not gonna do anything for you seeing as how they tell you to wait a year to check for conclusive results from the drug.

What i would do is get on Propecia for a couple months and see for yourself if you even have any side effects...then if you do and are not comfortable with them..then quit and start looking at other treatments such as spironolactone or rev.

Reaction score
Let me ask you this, if you were having great results with propecia would you be sitting here and posting away at this forum? You will tend to see negative replies on this forum because people are looking for answers/reassurance/etc.

Stay on propecia for a year and see the results, if you start to get negative side effects then get off of it. Some say the decrease in libido will subdue after a few months, if it doesn't then consult your physician or discontinue use. Give your drug a chance.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have never used it,i like you were to afraid of the side effects..so i tried spironolactone which is a topical with no side effects(although tends to smell alittle...and as of late has fallen off this site for some odd reason)and it started to work ..but i discontiuned it due to the fact that my hairloss is so gradual im not at the point where i need it....so im going to wait till i need and ...then when that time comes if the spironolactone isnt being all that successful i will get on the finasteride cause im pussy for thinking i will get sides seeing as how ive seen so many on here not report any.

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, FYI, I am on my day (wait, let me swall today's dosage :) ) 12 of proscar/propecia/finasteride. No sides effects -- i.e. no impotence, weird semen, loss of lobedo, shedding (that isn't normal shedding I have had for 12 years).

Granted, I am taking 0.625mg. But this dosage is from reading science journals on dosage for finasteride, that I feel that given my limited hair loss, this dosage will be enough to slow or halt progression.

Norwood 1ish is my rating...1.2 probably