A bit about my current situation and a question

vogs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I started noticing my hair loss 10/11 months ago. ( I'm 26) Coincidently, it was a terrible time of my life, went through a couple of depressions that lasted until December.

I like to think that my hair loss is indefinately linked to the depression, but I look at my father, 55 years old, at the final stages of the balding process, and I know, I'm suffering from male pattern baldness.

My hair is getting thinner by the day, so much that I cn crearly see my scalp during normal day light.

What has been scary is the speed in which everything is happening, seems like just last year I had full thick radient hair... but maybe, it's just that I just recently started to closely notice it.

I have been going through some very sad denial stages recently, from linking my hair loss to thyroid problems, to thinking that the use of shampoo was responsible for my hair loss.

What can I say, it is being a strange scary time of my life, the image that I have of myself is changing and I can't do anything to stop it.

I have an apointement with a dermatologist on the 15th, but I'm pretty sure what the outcome is going to be. Taking Propecia is going to be a dilema that I am going to have to solve.

Guys, when your hair started to fall/thin, did you notice an increase in body hair?

itsjustaphase

Reaction score
yes, more body hair

hey,

yeah i certainly noticed that an increase in body hair coincided with my hair loss. i noticed that i have gained alot of body hair in the last 6-8 months which is more or less when my hairloss started...

i cannot tell you what the scientific relationship is, but i am sure it has alot to do with changes in hormone levels.

best of luck with everything.

G

vogs said:
Hello everyone,

I started noticing my hair loss 10/11 months ago. ( I'm 26) Coincidently, it was a terrible time of my life, went through a couple of depressions that lasted until December.

Depression is very common in your mid - late 20's.

Glad to hear you are out of the worst of it. After the initial shock of depression it is harder to be effected as badly as your first time.

Beer

vogs said:
I like to think that my hair loss is indefinately linked to the depression, but I look at my father, 55 years old, at the final stages of the balding process, and I know, I'm suffering from male pattern baldness.

You are correct here, there is little to connect depression with longterm male pattern baldness.

vogs said:
My hair is getting thinner by the day, so much that I can crearly see my scalp during normal day light.

You must start treatment now or only go out at night.

vogs said:
What has been scary is the speed in which everything is happening, seems like just last year I had full thick radient hair... but maybe, it's just that I just recently started to closely notice it.

I have been going through some very sad denial stages recently, from linking my hair loss to thyroid problems, to thinking that the use of shampoo was responsible for my hair loss.

I think most of us have tried to attribute it to a bad hair cut/shampoo/alien abduction.

vogs said:
What can I say, it is being a strange scary time of my life, the image that I have of myself is changing and I can't do anything to stop it.

There are are many, many things you can do.

vogs said:
I have an apointement with a dermatologist on the 15th, but I'm pretty sure what the outcome is going to be. Taking Propecia is going to be a dilema that I am going to have to solve.

Guys, when your hair started to fall/thin, did you notice an increase in body hair?

No not much, but the male pattern baldness thing is different for everyone.

Good luck (with the right long term regimen you probably won't need it)

vogs

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the support everyone.

By long term regimen, are you referring to propecia alone? Or will I have to add other meds?

G

vogs said:
Thank you for the support everyone.

By long term regimen, are you referring to propecia alone? Or will I have to add other meds?

The big three.

minoxidil, Propecia, Nizoral.

Start with Propecia and Nizoral, add minoxidil at a later stage

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
vogs said:
Is minoxidil a topic med?

Yes. It's the clinical name for Rogaine, or Regaine.

vogs

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the information everyone. After the derm appointement I will se what course I will take, but I am definately going to do something to fight this.

viperfish

Reaction score
You may wish to consider cu peptides also, like tricomin or the american crew version to help fight inflammation.

vogs

Established Member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
You may wish to consider cu peptides also, like tricomin or the american crew version to help fight inflammation.

I have no idea what that is, I don't have inflammation yet.