A Big 3 update and some questions

Reaction score
Here are my pictures:

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/coolli ... /my_photos

I have been using minoxidil and Nizoral since November 29, 2003. (33 months).
I have been using finasteride since February 3, 2004. (29 months).

Not really sure of my Norwood (I get delusional about this - sometimes I think it's a 2.5, sometimes I think it's a 3V or get paranoid and think it's a 4). Some diffuse thinning, but the hair that is left is still relatively thick.

I'm posting this as an update and to ask a few questions. My hair hasn't really changed much since the last time I posted pictures a year and a half ago. The pictures may make my hair appear to be a slight bit thinner, but I'm not sure if that's just the effect of the bathroom light or the passage of time. My hair still looks presentable when kept short and styled (and when used with DermMatch every morning, which I didn't include in this photo album). My temples haven't really receded any and the vellous hair that I grew with minoxidil still forms a shadow on my temples of where hair used to be.

I have been on the Big 3 for 2 1/2 years now and it has basically maintained my hair. However, I am 22 years old and I know that my hair sucks. It's frustrating and it's still hard to cope with. In a sense, I know that I have lost a lot of hair, but it seems as if re-growing the hair back should be so much easier than it is. The pictures entitled "good and bad" and "wavy back" are sort of my way of trying to show how much donor hair I have on the sides in the hopes that I'll have enough to get a good hair transplant in a few years.

That said, what can I do to improve my hair and, at the least, thickening things up or try to regrow hair on my crown? There's still a lot of thin hair there and those follicles aren't dead just yet. I am heavily leaning towards copper peptides (Folligen), but I don't really know what route is the best to take. Or if any route is worth taking at all and I'm better off just waiting for a couple years for an hair transplant and/or the next round of therapies and treatments. Your input and advice is appreciated. Thanks.

MW.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how about trying dutasteride?

ur hair hides it when its styled.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can add CP's and see what it does for you, or you could switch to Dutas.

Congrats on maintaining though man. I don't think you've progressed at all from 05-06.

Your frontal hairline is just like mine, but your hair is thicker. Looks great styled. What products do you use?

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Would apply 5 % spironolactone lotion to thin areas at least 1x daily preferably at night. would try this for at least six months before resorting to dutasteride

JWM

Reaction score
Have you tried minoxidil w/ retin-a? This might give you a boost. Also give H/Bs suggestion of spironolactone cream a shot.

dem

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just added folligen to my regimen and feel that it has certainly made the hair on my crown area appear thicker and hair healthier. Maybe I might be a bit optimistic, but I feel that it has made a difference. I am going to continue to use it and see if it progresses from here. Good Luck-