A 4 topical regimen! Opinions of order.

G

I was thinking...

Morning:

1. Tricomin (copper peptides) let sit for 10-15 min entire scalp
2. 1 ml 5% Rogaine let sit for 10-15 min entire scalp

*comb hair (could I where a hat or does that smear Min? what about just the Tricomin?)

5-6 pm:

3. Nizoral (shower) (only on days where I use this topical 2-3 days/ week)
4. 5% dr. lee's spironolactone let sit for 10-15 min entire scalp
5. Xandax 15% minoxidil for rest of night (3-5 hours) just temples/ hairline

This will be on top of .5 mg Duprost taken after breakfast (morning)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any advice as to what someone can do with the order of all these topicals is what I am seeking and would be greatly appreciated. My order was concocted from research I have done with previous posts on this websight.

Thanks guys

G

That is a pretty hardcore regimen.

If that doesn't regrow some hair we are all fucked.

One thing which I have wondered about topicals is their effect on the quality of hair that is being produced - they may work but with the constant pounding of the scalp and hair with a variety of chemicals - could it make our hair thicken but be of bad quality/manageability?

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
"Any advice as to what someone can do with the order of all these topicals is what I am seeking and would be greatly appreciated. My order was concocted from research I have done with previous posts on this websight"

Kick-*** combination, but I would change the %5minox to DR. LEE's 5% twice a day. Dries quickly, you'll love it. You could put it on and quickly (10 minutes later) put on the spironolactone in the evening.

That is similar to what I am doing (though Im taking a little more dutasteride currently and xanadrox-retin-a at night).

Might try a multivitamin, and think about exercise/stress/lifestyle and healthy diet, as those things have to play a role. Oh, and drink green tea instead of soda. Unproven, but it cant hurt : )

The downside of multiple treatments is the horrific cost (as convenience isnt really a problem with quick drying topicals) and irritation... the 12.5% xanadrox is a little irritating for me, and the multiple treatments may dry your scalp... You'll just have to play with it to find a combo of shampoos/topicals you tollerate. Once you start it relax, quit obsessing! It takes a year to show results, and maintenence is a result too. Enjoy the year knowing youre doing more than has ever been possible, up until this last couple of years, to fight hair loss.

As said above, If that combo doesn't work we're all screwed.

G

Stellar replys!!!!

Yes I have thought about the mental and physical side (important). I exercise, eat good, take GNC multi Vitamins, see a shrink, I have some killer life goals, and if this regime doesn't work, you maybe screwed but I'm not (jesting)!

Interesting comment about topicals and scalp/ hair quality/ health. There might be a fine line that once its crossed your doing more harm than good. Where is this line and with what combo of treatments?

Should I go #4. spironolactone
#5. Xandrax

OR... #4. Xandrax
#5. spironolactone

????

Any comments on this order or is it a good manageable order?

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think its better to put the spironolactone on before the minoxidil (in fact the bottle of spironolactone I have from Dr. Lee recommends this) generally put the faster drying and less greasy topicals on before the more greasy ones so they aren't prevented from being absorbed.

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
"I have some killer life goals, and if this regime doesn't work, you maybe screwed but I'm not (jesting)!"

Actually Im doing allright myself : ) but with the right attitude and some perspective hairloss can't harm you...

Neo"Are you saying I can dodge bullets"
Morpheus"No I'm saying when your ready...You wont need to"

"Are you saying that I can grow hair?"
"No, Im saying that when your ready... You wont need to"

G

Thanks Global, that is what I will do.

Right on The Great Cornholio.