9th month on finasteride

Warrior101

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been religiously taking 1mg of finasteride, with the exception of 1 week during which i ran out in the 5th month. The first month gave me the worst shed in my life, and right away took about half of my life with hair. After that, shedding dropped down to about 3 - 5 everyday in the shower and stuff, but the hair overall was pretty thin and no signs of improvement. Now this is the freaking ninth month, and again shedding is at it's full swing. The hair is at it's all time low and i think this time im not gonna survive it. Not to mention the freaking b**ch tits, 50 lbs gain and recession in hairline.
:cry: :cry:

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
50 pound gain?? thats massive..can it definatly be attributed to finasteride? Could you be eating unhealthy, not excersising and your metabolism caught up?? AS far as the gyno goes...do a search for some pics of gyno...you'll see what I mean. If it definately is the finasteride..and id go to a proffesonal..no question..you should get off it. A massive weight gain is not worth a slightly better head of hair, even if that is the case. I feel for you. Sucks that this has to happen because we lose our hair too early..good luck buddy!!! Hope thigns work out!

nasdak

Reaction score
Warrior101 said:
Hi,
I have been religiously taking 1mg of finasteride, with the exception of 1 week during which i ran out in the 5th month. The first month gave me the worst shed in my life, and right away took about half of my life with hair. After that, shedding dropped down to about 3 - 5 everyday in the shower and stuff, but the hair overall was pretty thin and no signs of improvement. Now this is the freaking ninth month, and again shedding is at it's full swing. The hair is at it's all time low and i think this time im not gonna survive it. Not to mention the freaking b**ch tits, 50 lbs gain and recession in hairline.
:cry: :cry:

wow, sorry to hear about your results as of yet. i've been on propecia for 6 months now and it seem to working pretty well. i did go through a slight shed i guess last month, however now i only see a few hairs when gelling my hair.

as for weight gain, that hasn't been a problem for me. but i've also been excercising more and doing some light weight lifting. i just added 1000mcg of biotin and 1 procerin a day at night before bed and notice alittle more thickness in my hair in only a few weeks of starting. i used to take the full dose of procerin, but it was so much saw palmetto that it was upsetting my stomach and giving me some acid reflux. 1 seems to be ok, and although i'm not sure if it's enough, i guess alittle is better than none at all. hope things work out for you bro. i know it can be depressing when you think something will finally work for your hairloss then realize it's not.

Warrior101

Established Member
Reaction score
Well not 50 lbs literally.. like 10 but still its more than before i started finasteride.. and i can definitely relate it to finasteride because as soon as i started taking finasteride, i noticed my food intake urge increased and started eating more... but still its not too bad... the only messed up sh*t is the continuous shedding and messed up hair.. i just wanna get back to where i started and i'd be off of this sh*t for good. :-x :-x

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't blame finasteride for eating more, that's down to will power.

Side effect number 325: finasteride MADE ME EAT TOO MUCH :roll:

NHLfan

Reaction score
You're not alone man...I felt the weight gain right away. Put on 15 pounds in 2 months. It's not good weight either...a lot on the chest and a ring of fat just above the beltline. I work out religiously too and have always been super fit, so I know it's the finasteride...that was the only change I made to my routine. I don't think my appetite went while on finasteride, but my energy went WAY down. I went down to 0.5 and the 0.25mg a day, but I still didn't feel right. I've been off for a couple months now, and a lot of the weight is gone, but my chest still has an odd shape.

I'm off the stuff now :shock: