9 month update.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
OKay, Nine months on minoxidil, 4 months on finasteride.

For the past nine months I was mistakenly using only 1ml over the entirety of my head.

Hence, the top and front have improved magnificently and continue to do so but the crown has come along slowly. Still improving but slowly.

I was confused by this as the back was supposed to be the easiest part to improve but they meant for the full 1ml over the back. I was getting maybe....25 ml over the back for the last nine.

So..I've upped it to 1.5 ml over the whole with a full ml on the back and I've been rubbing it on my hairline as well......This has been the past week or so...

I've been on finasteride for the last 4 months as well. 1.25 mg per night before I go to bed.

First month, head got all greasy, dick went south, etc...... Everything has returned back to nornal.. didn't take too long to get better, actually.

Anyway, so... hair is definitely on the upswing and is looking damn good except from the back where it is still a bit thinnish.

Still, at this rate, looks to be okay.

Also, I've noticed something that has me quietly pleased....... (I'm hoping it's the finasteride kicking in)..:

I've got what appear to be dozens of small, dark hairs visible on my hairline.

If my minoxidil, finasteride, MSM cocktail can pump those up and out I will have a very solid hairline again.

Anyway, this should all last for about 7 to 10 years..right?

I know that I will be able to afford a permanent technology at that time...hoping not an hair transplant but rather one of the new technologies.

Anyway, also hoping to add whatever looks to be potent to my regimen. Taking a wait and see approach on the laser comb and....

What's this RU...something that HairLossTalk.com was taking about?

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Green Soap said:
For the past nine months I was mistakenly using only 1ml over the entirety of my head.
This is only a mistake if your hair is absorbing so much that youre not getting full coverage.

I actually only use 1mg for my whole head, once a day.
Anyway, this should all last for about 7 to 10 years..right?
There are no 7 or 10 year studies. Only 5 year studies. And while these studies are somewhat encouraging, they show that there is no guarentee.

This HairLossTalk.com.com article speaks very well of the five year results:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/article110.htm
After the first year of treatment, those that did regrow hair did so with an average of over 90 hairs in the specified area. By year two, that newly grown hair decreased to an average of 80. By year three, the new hair they had grown decreased in count to around 60. By year four it decreased to around 40 hairs. By the fifth year, the hair that Propecia had grown

Makes it sound like its just gonna keep getting better up to year five,. (The actual article does oddly end mid-sentence, but I've got to assume that they ment it had grown all the hair it was going to.

But this article states that we only have a 65% chance of total maintenence at the five year mark
http://www.ishrs.org/articles/propecia-study.htm
At the end of the fifth year, 65 percent of men taking Propecia (n=219) maintained or improved their hair count

Sometimes I'm really not sure what to think myself.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
Ugh.

Well, if it comes to having to just shave it clean until the permanent tech comes along, I've already resigned myself to that possibilty.

I'll give it another year at best and I will DO my best. But if I have to hit it with a Bic, I will. No sweat.