9 month update on big three

cueball

Reaction score
Hi people

I been using propecia, minoxidil 5% and nizoral for nine months (actually, minoxidil for 11 months). I'm 21.

Shedding from my bald spot (i don't have a bald spot, but that area) has stopped to the point where i believe my hairloss in that area is normal.

However, my diffuse thinning at the front is unrelenting, and in fact, stronger than ever. Having to apply minoxidil all the time is so frustrating when you rub it in and you have to wash all that hair into the basin!

I thought it would be funny to mention that when I was in my teens I was constantly depressed about having really thick, unmanageable hair. My hairdresser would have to go through it with a special pair of scissors to thin it out!

When I was 18 I started to find it easier to style my hair. I didn't realise that this was the first sign of hairloss. The first time I put gel in my hair and noticed my scalp skin showing, I thought it was cool because "now I looked like everyone else"!

If only someone had warned me about hairloss...then maybe I would have been more prepared. At the moment my hairloss is progressing faster than my mental adaptation for coping with it. HopefullyI accept my situation sooner than later so that I can continue life unhampered. Until then, I know exactly what you guys are going through, and I know how others have no idea what we're going through.

Scott

Reaction score
not a particularly good update... sorry to hear about that. :cry:

you can always shave your head, then you don't have to worry about stylin your hair at all :rockon:

JustinTime

Reaction score
Fortunately for us women are starting to find out that we have a higher sex drive than guys with hair. Its about time they find out the truth! bwhahahahaha

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
Cueball, have you seen any new regrowth? did the Big 3 help out at all for you or was it just a waste of time?

Japanbound

Reaction score
Hah, I know exactly what you mean. My hair used to be so damn thick, i guess thats why i can still cover my head, even though ive lost most of it. Damn. I remember the day my mom the stylist no longer needed those scissors, that would have been the day to start the regimen. Oh well, when I had perfect hair I couldn't style it at all. It was great having the salon peopl etell me i had such great hair, and then go home and never be able to style it well. My hair has always been one big screwing in one way or the other. Fight on brother

hairwish

Reaction score
whatever you do don't let your life pass you by! you will regret it big time.

if you need to, go by a set of clippers and cut your own hair. of course you'll need a set mirror like the medicine cabinet and a hand held one plus good lighting. start with like #4 and work your way down until you're comfortable with it, remember it's always better to undercut than to overcut so take your time! It's easier than you think I've been cutting my own hair for 14 years long before it started to thin on back. trust me it just takes a little bit of practice. I now cut my hair exactly the way I want it to look.

good luck

bombscience

Reaction score
cueball you seem to have the same situation as me. Thick hair as hell growing up and then unrelentless thinning.

Maybe you should try mixing up your regimen if you dont see results at the 1 year mark.

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
haha I know EXACTLY what you mean by having thick unmanagable hair. I used to hate my hair and used to always chemically straighten it. Then I ntoiced it went straight by itself a couple years later, but I didn't know it was because the hair is thinning. Now I'd give anything to have that thick unmanagable hair again. I guess you can't put things into their right prospective until you start losing them.

Redbone

Reaction score
That is what happend to me to. Mucho thick hair with a shitload of cowlicks, I could never get the sh*t to style good. Not a problem anymore since the hair that gave me trouble was over my right temple and no longer exists. Look at the bright side fellows at least we will never be at risk for hair lice....