9 month: think about switching back to finasteride

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
chromedomefear said:
From all of his relpies, Jacky obviously wants to make the switch and has already made up his mind. Just let him go.
@chromedomefear, i am still here.....i did not switch! I just lowered my dose to 4x 0.5mg Dutasteride per week.

Perhaps it is illusion, but it seems that i can feel stubbles in the thinned area? :freaked2:

chromedomefear

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacky,

Let me know how it goes. I've been on Avodart for 2 months @ 3 times per week....and shedding like a banshee. I can't get any solid info to determine whether or not bumping it up would decrease or increase my shed though. I'm curious to hear what the opposite trend does to you.

CDF

Hey, drink an Augustiner for me. It's my favorite beer on the planet.

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
chromedomefear said:
Let me know how it goes. I've been on Avodart for 2 months @ 3 times per week....and shedding like a banshee. I can't get any solid info to determine whether or not bumping it up would decrease or increase my shed though.
dutasteride is very strong. I don't think that 7/7 or 4/7 makes a big difference for shedding! You reach the steady state later if you take it only 4/7.
But the dutasteride influences the hair folicles - so or so - and you will shedd. This is my opinion.
Shedding should be good.... :lol:

ugly_and_balding

Reaction score
Your hair may have thinned out as you said, but it still looks pretty damn good. You're 100x in better shape than me. I'd say go back to finasteride and stick with it. Plus you could just grow yer hair out another .5-1 inch and you'll cover your relative thinning, but still looks great. One day I'll post a pic of my situation and you will all be shocked at how bad a 28 yr old head hair can be!

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
I must write 10 days after the last hairdresser attendance that it improves again with me!!! In the front apparent strong strands, it grow go so fast that are insanity. I do not know whether the Proctor shampoo which thereby to do has, but I am sure me that I can reach soon at least again the conditions of before the Shedding. And who knows, perhaps it even still better, because I did shedd much. Are now again somewhat more calmed down, times see like it continues!

(translated with google from my german message board posting)

SheddingVic

Reaction score
if you've been seeing side effects on dutasteride, why not take a low dosage of propecia.... i reduced my dosage down to .25mg and the side-effects have decreased dramatically. They are almost completely gone.

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
SheddingVic said:
if you've been seeing side effects on dutasteride, why not take a low dosage of propecia.... i reduced my dosage down to .25mg and the side-effects have decreased dramatically. They are almost completely gone.
Propecia is too weak. Someone needs dutasteride if he has already exhaust finasteride. And i did get much thicker hair with dutasteride than with finasteride - but then shedding. I am now on the road to improve and perhaps hair will get how it was after month 5-6 with dutasteride. Then my hair was so great!

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
Fast update from me. Had the willing to stop dutasteride but continued. Had psychical problems cause the frontal thinning.

But now the front is thickening! I can see there many new young looking hairs. My barber told me, a week ago, that my hair looks fuller and thicker.

Is it the late (14 month!) result of dutasteride after frontal thinning or perhaps the effect after some month daily washing hairs with doctor proctors shampoo?

I am lucky again with my hair!