8 months on treatment... back to day 1?

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick overview: Been on Finasteride / minoxidil 5% foam for about 7.5-8 months. Began getting scalp tingle/itch/burning sensations along with stubborn dandruff all over my scalp but especially in the crown area this all started around month 4 since then my hair has declined rapidly.. dropped minoxidil for 5 days did nothing in regard to relief from my itchy scalp.. got back on minoxidil and dropped finasteride for 9 days this also had no change in my scalp condition still constant itchy scalp.

During my last visit to my derm i was diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis and was prescribed clobetasol (topical steroid) and was advised to discontinue minoxidil. Since that day I began taking my finasteride pills once again after a 9 day break and also added RU to regimen on april 1st. My scalp feels so much better the itch is virtually gone the clobetasol literally helped relieve the itch upon application since day 1.

1. Will clobetsol only temporarily help with my dandruff / itchy scalp or will it completely resolve my scalp issue once i discontinue using it (was advised to use it once a day for two weeks straight) ? I am worried once i get off clobetasol my itch scalp will return. I used it before but i did minoxidil in the morning and clobetasol at night and it did help my itch after one week so i stopped the clobetasol and resumed minoxidil x2 a day and my itch returned 3 days later. Im thinking the itch return because the whole reason my scalp was getting raped was cause of the minoxidil. anyone have experience which topical steroids?

2. Since restarting finasteride after a 9 day break are my hormone levels back to baseline ? Meaning essentially when i restarted back in 4/06 its like day one all over again ? I did 4 days of 0.5mg but will go back to my normal dose of 1 mg tomorrow

3. Guys with RU experience when did you first notice any results ? i am currently mixing my ru with neogenic at about 5-6% 1ml once a day

4. Now that ive quit minoxidil i must likely will experience a terrible shed 2-3 months from now even though im on finasteride and ru correct? minoxidil really didnt do much for me at all anyways

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe all of these changes are a bit too much for your scalp.
you should ask your dermatologist, in my opinion, to give you a regimen that you should not vary too often. Many say that only minoxidil best results come after TWO years.
about itch: is it only itch or also rash? Because itching can be caused by stress

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
at this point i am very confident my seb derm was caused by minoxidil. After using minoxidil twice a day for months my scalp had enough of it and around month 4 came the itch/dandruff (sometimes redness usually after a shower). Now a week of using clobetasol which was prescribed by my derm i only get the occasionally itch and my dandruff is completely gone! This is a huge relief for me for ive been suffering from that itch for 4 months ! My only worry is when i stop using clobetasol after one more week (derm directions) will the itch/dandruff return? I have stopped minoxidil and will not use it anymore going forward ... only Finasteride and RU