8 Months On Propecia - Shedding From Back Of Head?

Aquamarine

Reaction score
Hello
I started Propecia back in December. It was an early Xmas present for myself.

I used minoxidil once each night and Nizoral every other other day.
I don't appear to have any major sides, well apart my lack of morning wood. My hair has been continuing to thin, much to my sadness and depression. I reckon this time this December I might be comb over worthy!

Anyway, I have suddenly started a bit of a shed, I've not really had much of a shed but this is a lot more noticeable. Strangely enough though, when I simply brush through the hair at the very back of my head at the top of the neck, I'm coming out with hairs. I assumed the horseshoe pattern of the head would be protected against pattern baldness?
Is this normal to have loss here? Unless this a stress thing?
Thankyou.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello

I don't appear to have any major sides, well apart my lack of morning wood. My hair has been continuing to thin, much to my sadness and depression. I reckon this time this December I might be comb over worthy!

Anyway, I have suddenly started a bit of a shed, I've not really had much of a shed but this is a lot more noticeable. Strangely enough though, when I simply brush through the hair at the very back of my head at the top of the neck, I'm coming out with hairs. I assumed the horseshoe pattern of the head would be protected against pattern baldness?
Thankyou.

People need to start using propecia with no expectations and understand that ANYTHING is really possible. Propecia may be speeding up your male pattern baldness. It may be just a shed that will be replaced with healthier hair. You may have telogen effluvium from the alterations in hormones. No one knows man. I would give it a couple more months and if your hair is below baseline, drop that sh*T quick. good luck.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello

Thankyou.
How is your situation now?