8 month update

ryanfrank

Reaction score
Hello peeps,

Eight months on propecia, still no progress. Hairloss continues unabated, and as well as thinning in temple and crown areas I think a diffuse thinning has begun.

I am not sure what to do now. I have been using nizoral, t-gel and Propecia for eight months, and was taking supplements e.g. multivits, zinc, but have since realised they are a waste of time and money.

I am going to ride out the propecia until the 12-month mark and see what happens. I decided to only use propecia as I wanted to maintain what was a good head of hair 8 months ago. I am not sure whether the propecia is going to kick in and help me regain what I have lost over those eight moths, whether it will stop hairloss and leave me with what I have now, or whether it will not work at all and I am one of those unfortunate few who do not benefit from finasteride.

I am not quitting though, and I will start using minoxidil if there is no progress with the propecia by the 12-month mark.

Hey, as all the success stories on this site reveal, you have got to be patient. But it is damn hard sometimes.

Ryan

bombscience

Reaction score
If you're at the point where you want regrow or step up your treatments. I would consider minoxidil, spironolactone, and/or folligen (thanks bruce).