7 Months on finasteride: Is this shedding or hair loss??

FiniMin

Reaction score
Ive been on finasteride for about 7 months now. Lately I've noticed some hairs on my pillow and on my hands when I run then through my hair. How do I know if this is just a shedding phase and the finasteride is actually working or if Im still just losing my hair and finasteride isn't working yet?? I'm really worried about this. I have missed a few days of dosing here and there because of not having the money to get it refilled. I don't think that would prevent it from working altogether though. Please let me know what you think this may be....thank you for taking the time to help.

Bob Chylan

Reaction score
most people do have a shedding phase on finasteride. Ive been on it for about 3 months and had my first one awhile back...is that your first shed?

Shedding is normal and is a sign the stuff is working.. how much do you miss taking it?

FiniMin

Reaction score
I dont miss much especially lately. I missed a couple weeks in like my 3rd month but since then, i think i missed a day or two here and there but not all that often. Its still coming out so its either a shed that is lasting four or so weeks or the stuff isnt working. Im now into my 8th month so I have no idea whats going on. Do sheds normally last a month long??