6 weeks on Propecia

G

First 3 weeks, it stopped hairloss. But on 4th week, my hair suddenly started to fall like mad again. And it looks like it will never stop. I know that it "could be" due of the shedding, but it could also not be due of that.

Some days I even lose 100 hairs, and I'M NOT IN A POSITION TO ALLOW LOSING MORE THAN 10 HAIRS A DAY. All the hairs that are falling out have a white bulb on the end. And most hairs that are falling out are short hairs, even tho im currently on 1 inch long hair, the majority of hairs that fall out are about half an inch long and have that white bulb on the end of them.

Also, the itch never ever stopped, even when i was not losing hair.

You can see what I mean by seeing my picture below. If I had a full head of hair like other guys in this forum, i would have no problem with losing so much hair, but not in my position.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

taken when i started treatment:

flash6wq.jpg

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Give it more time.

Also, you might consider Rogaine. It seems to have the effect of reducing shed volume later on in treatment.

G

I already have Rogaine 5% 3 month supply, but have not used it yet, because I tried it in the past and it not only created a lot of dandruff and flakes, but made my hair fall like mad. And I don't want to lose even more hair.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Shedding is a sign that you're doing better on treatment.

If Rogaine made you shed like mad, then why the hell would you get off it?

I think you should try it again, with lesser amounts, and procede to grow.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
cause you asked the same question in another post. I'm guessing you didnt like the responses?

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Look up a success story by SE-FREAK.

I think it'll put your mind at ease.

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
its a cliche I know but you have to start counting in months not weeks - 4 weeks in and I was shedding $hitloads (felt very shitty but dealt with it)

5 months down the line shedding has almost halted to nothing except 10 or so noticeable hairs as opposed to the previous 50-100...

thats not to say i wont shed again but just remember you can't control how your body responds to the treatment so patience is the key