5 years on Finasteride

Anus

Reaction score
I started finasteride a little more than five years ago. At first I used quartered proscar every day. But now I just bite it in half and take one piece every two days.

My results have been good. I was about a norwood three when I started and in the first year my hair got a bit thicker and it's pretty much stayed that way untill now. So I have a little more hair but my hairline remains the same. Still a nw3, which I have learned to accept.

Thanks to the proscar I have good density and with a caesar style cut it looks good to me. At first hairloss wasn't a big deal to me untill I started reading these hairloss forums. That's when the anxiety hit me and I even used generic paxil for a year. These days I just feel hairloss is part of being a man, and I'm proud and happy to be a guy. I've even thought about stopping proscar and letting it go but I guess I might regret it later and I don't have any side effects anyway.

I've also tried minoxidil 5% strength, but I had some side effects with that. I didn't use it for a couple of weeks because I ran out and noticed my performance in my cardio sessions in the gym improved a lot. When I got a new batch, my performance went down again. The benefits weren't that great for me anyway so I decided to quit and I hardly noticed a difference in my hair when I did. Cardio improved again when I quit btw so I'm sure it wasn't a coincidence.

dresden

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, i think if you are able to maintain that is always sucess, congrats!
btw, how old are you?

Anus

Reaction score
I turned 31 last month. I started losing hair at about 20 years old and was nw2 by 22. So being nw3 is quite good I think. I'ld hate to think how my hair would look now without finasteride.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Congrats man, I hope to have as much hair as you when I am that age.