5 weeks finasteride & shedding body hair

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
It was getting bad this year.My chest was starting to look more dense than my head and I know that it was high levels of the sh*t that is making me bald but the finasteride started kicking in and I'm noticing the proliferation of hair on my shoulders and back modest as it was is stunted thank finasteride for that .My regime is working on my hairline as well I think I'll be a great responder to regime .I'm going to quit nizoral due to my use of the much better tricomin and save that 15$ to goto another hairloss shampoo called hair energizer so I'll have four different approaches going .I think a regime consisting off finasteride , min , tric is twice a potent as the "big three" .

Axon

Reaction score
Kevin fretwell said:
I think a regime consisting off finasteride , min , tric is twice a potent as the "big three" .

What gives you that idea?

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
Well ,the body hair could just be going through some kind of responce to the finasteride and noting that I have a pretty good healthy size and thickness to my chest hair .It even narrows down and proceeds all the way down my stomach line .The proliferation of hair on my shoulders began to increase embaressingly long (1 inch)and I said to my self I have got to do something about this so thats when I recently added finasteride which increases estrogen levels (mildly) that can naturally slow body hair proliferation .Anyway , thats just my answer .Also I really do suspect a regime consisting of tric as well as finasteride and min to double the responce due to the number of posters I read who are responding to the "big three" with only little results compared to the few posts I've read on folks who say they grew back hairlines thoroughly .Again this is just my opinion , I could be wrong .

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
.The proliferation of hair on my shoulders began to increase embaressingly long (1 inch)and I said to my self I have got to do something about this so thats when I recently added finasteride which increases estrogen levels (mildly) that can naturally slow body hair proliferation .Anyway , thats just my answer .Also I really do suspect a regime consisting of tric as well as finasteride and min to double the responce due to the number of posters I read who are responding to the "big three" with only disappointing little results compared to the few posts I've read on folks who say they grew back hairlines thoroughly after a few years .Note:copper peptide is MUCH more potent of a anti-inflamation agent as nizoral which is the reason its being used to begin with.Its like comparing saw palmetto to dutasteride .The results I think are doubled .Again this is just my opinion , I could be wrong .

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Replacing the least important product isnt going to make your regimen twice as potent :p

Tricomin is a good product, and it may even be better to include it in your regimen then nizoral, but I wouldnt consider it a substitue for Nizoral. nizoral cleans the scalp, removing dead skin, controlling dandruff and sebum. Tricomin sooths and supplies nutrients. Apples and oranges.

I'd use both. The price of nizoral really isnt that bad when used sparingly.

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
Good point you have but... You say that nizoral cleans but there's any number of better products I would recommend for that such as selsun blue : much better on that front .And the anti-inflamation effect of nizoral is eclipsed by cp .Selsun blue and cp product much better .Thats just my opinion of course I can be wrong but i don't think I am .

Axon

Reaction score
You do know that there are a handful of studies that suggest that Nizoral 2% has some limited regrowth abilities?