5% minoxidil. and revivogen...

Pdogg93

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been on revivogen for over 2 years now... My hair looks like crap. I only started using 2% minoxidil more than a year ago, and I dont feel as though it has done anything. I'm 22 now, and I have been losing hair since 16-17. I just started 5% kirkland minoxidil less than a week ago. I'm am feeling more and more useless as time goes on. I swear only 6 months ago did my hair look half decent... And now, well. Please any help would be awesome. I am also using Nizoral every few days. I am strongly thinking about Finasteride. I dont want any side effects though, mainly hormonal and sexual ones. I heard something about splitting proscar into 5ths. I feel as though I should just give up with the battle...

thanks for the help in advance,

-P

I wish I knew how to insert some pics...[/img]

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
You may just be going through a shed (see the Shedding, Shedding, shedding forum).

Drop the revivogen, stick with the minoxidil and Nizoral and get on Propecia.

If you have sides on Propecia, they either go away within the first few months, or completely when you stop the medication.

Worth a shot though.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Pdogg93 said:
I've been on revivogen for over 2 years now... My hair looks like crap
This is why we tell people to use the clinically proven products first, and if after 2-3 yrs they do not see results, then consider adding things like Revivogen.

Let this be a testimony to those of you who "fear" the proven products just because they are "man made chemicals" in favor of "natural" products.

HairLossTalk.com

Pdogg93

Reaction score
so what excatly do you recommend I do? Should I get on finasteride, and if so, what would be the cheapest way for me to acquire it?

thanks again

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Where are you on the Norwood scale?

If you have pics, post them. But if your hair loss has been consistent, then I'd say to add Propecia.

Cheapest ways to get it:

Go to your GP and get them to check you out for hair loss and the possibility of using Propecia. If they approve Propecia, ask as nicely as possible if they would write a prescription for Proscar instead.

Or get a prescription for Propecia and ask for the generic version when filling the script.

Or just order the generics (finpecia, fincar etc.) from a reputable online pharmacist.