.5 mg propecia

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So to add to my previous topic...It seems like people think that using .5 mg of propecia isn't going to be much less effective than the full 1mg. So does anyone here actually do that? does nayone here cut the pill in half and take only .5 mg a day with success?

nydheart

Established Member
Reaction score
There are a ton of people who only take 0.5 propecia with no disernable difference aside from maybe less sides. Like I said before I have started on 0.25 (you can easily cut the pills with a pill splitter) each day. I have read where even at the 0.25 mg rate there is no real difference in the efficacy of the product. You will get people who say go with the 1mg because they company tells you to but why take that when you can go less with the same results?

Pondle

Reaction score
Well it's not exactly the same results. Over 6 months, 0.2mg/day is about 85 per cent as effective as 1mg/day. I don't know about the longer term. I do know that larger doses of finasteride seem to promote a faster response.

Alldutandfin6month.jpg

Londo

Established Member
Reaction score
Pondle, what do the numbers 0 through 160 indicate?

nydheart

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought I had read that hair counts all kind of evens out after a 12 month period regardless of the dose (0.25-1.0)? Although I may be imagining it. :dunno:

Pondle

Reaction score
We don't have any data on the smaller doses (or on dutasteride) beyond 6 months. We only have 12 month data for 1mg/day and 5mg/day. These doses do indeed reach the same hair counts eventually. Larger doses of finasteride seem to prompt a quicker response.

timeseriesdutfinalldoses.jpg

RaginDemon

Reaction score
It is interesting to know that 0.2mg finasteride is actually 85% as effective as the recommanded dosage.

Maybe the ones who are experiencing sides should lower their dosage.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
i might as well do 0.5 to save some $