4 months post op - is this about right or not?

Vega

Reaction score
hi guys i had about 1100 grafts put into the whole front hair line, exactly 19 weeks ago now, just over 4 months.

im getting worried that its not been successful. There is some sort of hairline there, but its very very weak, and practically undetectable. Can anyone tell me if this is about right growth levels, or is it not??

thanks
LC

KJNFK-Imgp3033jj.jpg

G

Its hard to tell without a before picture and the picture isn't particularly clear.

Don't panic though as you are still in the infancy stage. It will potentially now take off and start to grow.

Are you taking MSM? This will help speed the growth up!

A 1000 graft is a relatively small procedure. Is there a reason why the surgery wasn't larger to address your needs?
Regards
Spex

Gorpy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi LC,
We spoke before. I'm about a week behind you. My hairline has not fully kicked in either. It has been slower to sprout than the hair farther back towards the top of my head. I think you're ok. It's still early.

Vega

Reaction score
thanks for your replies guys, i think id go mad if i didnt have this forum to use for morale support!

i've found its very difficult to take a decent picture, and unfortunately i didnt have a before shot taken. The picture below i think shows it in a slightly more positive light than what i see in the mirror.

A 1000 graft is a relatively small procedure. Is there a reason why the surgery wasn't larger to address your needs?

im not sure, spex, i've tried to show the area that has been transplanted in the picture below. 1100 grafts seemed reasonable to me at the time. (its average 2 hairs per graft right? so thats 2200 hairs?) i had another 600 put in the crown area too. Its much more difficult to tell whats happening there. IF its succesful, then i'll have more done. but i didnt want to spend loads on something that i didnt know much about (at the time)

The thing that gets me, is i can feel lots of little hairs with my fingers, if i run them around the graft area, but when i wash my hair, i cant see any new hairs. I can feel them but not see them. this is really wierd. Hope things going well with your hair transplant gorpy, i think this is the most difficult time where you know that something should begin to happen

jan26Imgp3044d.jpg

G

The best thing you can do is not scrutinize over it! Trust me I've had several procedures and the hours i must have spent waiting/watching! :?

It will grow mate!! The realisation of the surgery will not hit home for a few more months yet! Hair grows so so so slowly and it will not speed it up by looking at it in the mirror every spare minute you get :wink:

A watched Kettle never boils!

Trust me - try - i know its hard but try stop inspecting it as you are still in the earliest stages. The next 2 months you will start to see signs of growth and it will take upto a year to reach your max potential from it.

The beauty of a hair transplant is that it comes in so gradually - therefore noone will see an immediate transformation :wink:

All good brotha!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Definitely, I would give it another 2 months before you start to see much of the "goodness." Thanks for posting pics, btw, I think your hair looks great. Your hairline is receeded a bit, but I don't think it looks bad.

Gorpy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks LC. I'll let you know when I start to see significant progress in my hairline. By then, hopefully we'll both look better. BTW - a magnifying glass works wonders to help see those new sprouts. They come out so thin and light that they are not really visible with the naked eye. It takes a couple of weeks for them to gain some strength and become visible in the mirror.

MIC

Reaction score
HTP

LC_Vega,Gorpy:

Where did you have your procedures done. Would you recommend your DR. specifically for the hairline piece.

MIC

Gorpy

Established Member
Reaction score
MIC,
I had my procedure of 2700 grafts done by Dr. Keene in Arizona. Yes, I would recommend her especially for hairlines. She is very good and in my opinion, the best at hairlines.

Vega

Reaction score
LC_Vega,Gorpy:

Where did you have your procedures done. Would you recommend your DR. specifically for the hairline piece.

MIC

hi mic, Dr Rogers (UK) did mine, so far im not sure how its going to work out, so i cant really recommend just yet, he and his staff however were very professional, and lots of others give him good reports.

Vega

Reaction score
hairlinecopm.jpg

this is a comparison of the hair transplant i had im now at 5 months, at last i think i can see some improvement

Gorpy

Established Member
Reaction score
There is definite improvement. It's starting to look good LC. How did you post those pictures? I don't know how to do that on this site.

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
LC_Vega said:
hairlinecopm.jpg

this is a comparison of the hair transplant i had im now at 5 months, at last i think i can see some improvement

Looks like you're right on course mate. There's a definate improvement starting to show through. There's a lot more to come yet.
The waiting is a real pain in the arse though eh !

Vega

Reaction score
The waiting is a real pain in the arse though eh

hehe yeah it sure is!

gorpy, to post pics you need a seperate site which hold pictures, then you just link them in the reply

like this
"you pics http address[img]"

a good site is village photos:
[url="http://www.villagephotos.com/"]http://www.villagephotos.com/[/url]

Gorpy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info LC. Maybe it's just the lighting, but it looks like you had quite a bit of progress just in the last 2 weeks. I'm at 4.5 months and I'm hoping that happens for me also.

powersam

Reaction score
if you have more improvement yet to come then your laughing. looks far and away better than the before pics. and quite a natural hairline as far as i'm concerned