4 Months of Rogaine and Fincar - Before/After

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I snapped some pics of my hair about 2 weeks ago at the 4 month mark of having used Rogaine and generic Proscar. My hair length is pretty much the same in both sets of pics. I noticed hair loss about 6 months after I turned 20 (21 now) and I jumped on the treatments soon after. My hairline hasn't receded, I'm still NW1 I think, but there was definite thinning all over my head. My temples/front still aren't as full as they used to be but it seems the rogaine has re-grown quite a bit of hair. I'm assuming my Fincar is legit (got it from inhouse) but if I see some real hair line recession I'm gonna get a real prescription.

front4months.jpg

side14months.jpg

side24months.jpg

Btw, just noticed the angles are a bit different but I think you guys will see the difference.

Galaxy86

Reaction score
Looks good, I already see improvement, I think you caught it early, there might be no more space for improvement, because it seems good.

Is it me or do you have more ahir from your ebrows to your hairline. Is it because of rogaine? :)

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. As far as my forehead hair, I'm naturally very hairy as are most of the men in my family. However the rogaine might have made it worse but I really didn't notice until I looked at the afters.

jhart

Reaction score
nice progress bro.my hair is probably is very similar maybe more thinning. going on the big 3 soon if i get your results i will cry out of joy.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score
SuprisedGuy said:
Liquid. Usually just once a day.

Only once a day? I've been using it twice but .. do you use it in the morning or at night?

And since the Fincar is 5 mg, do you cut it into 4 pieces? And what do you use to cut?

Awesome progress man, congrats.. I just ordered some Fincar two days ago, I hope I get the same results.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, yeah only once a day. I'm too lazy to do it twice, sometimes I forget to do the one application but I never forget my daily finasteride. I apply the rogaine at night before bed, that way i can shower the next morning and get some of the flakes out.

And yeah I cut them in 4 pieces with a pill cutter, you can get those at any drugstore.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
No major sheds but sometimes I'd find more hair than usual at the bottom of my tub after a shower so I guess those are mini sheds.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
IUbball22 said:
SuprisedGuy said:
IUbball22 said:
where'd you get your fincar?

Inhouse pharmacy.

I'm worried what i got is fake.... does it look anything like this??? ignore stewie...

Yep, mine's the same. Look it's possible they're fake but I've gotten legitimate side effects which have only recently started to improve. If my hair gets noticeably worse I will get a real prescription so you just gotta keep your eye on it.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
jonnyng9 said:
Hey,

I'm 19 and i've been taking fincar and rogaine for about 2 weeks now.
I use to use minoxidil and proscar and it showed great results but is topped for a while and changed to fincar and rogaine.

I'm noticing my hair in the front is getting alot finner and my hair is falling off more easily but im guessing that's to be expected. But have you got any results in the temple or front? Have you gotten good results?

ANd when i was on proscar, i didnt experience any decrease in my libido but ever since on fincar, i have! And it's quite noticable too! I'm only 19 and that is a real killer!

Did you go through a period of hair loss during the start and if so, when did it stop? And also, did your libido just automatically returned afterards?

Your advice would be extremely appreciated.

Cheers

Wait, so you were on doctor prescribed proscar then you switched to generic?

To answer your questions, the rogaine I believe has made my hair (all over and the temple/front) fuller although it still isn't as dense as it used to be. Never had a big shed as I mentioned already but sometimes I notice more strands of hair when I run my fingers through my hair. I don't feel 100% sex drive wise but it has returned quite a bit. It's safe to say the duration and intensity of the side effects obviously depend on the individual.

grove12345

Reaction score
Whats up with your eye brow hair in all the after shots.

In all your after shots i see lots of thin hairs in between your hairline and eyebrows.
Was it always lilke that?

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
grove12345 said:
Whats up with your eye brow hair in all the after shots.

In all your after shots i see lots of thin hairs in between your hairline and eyebrows.
Was it always lilke that?

I think so, all of the men on my mom side are very hairy, including me and my bro. I think the Rogaine might have increased that area though, occasionally the drops get on my forehead but I usually wash it clean right after.

TheGrayMan2001 said:
Where'd you get your Rogaine liquid? I'm thinking of adding it to my hairline before I lose anything else.

I just pick up generic version from my local grocery store.

BTW, a little update too, I've lost some ground I think. I'm still above baseline but my diffuse thinning has gotten worse (mostly in front and temples). I'm still taking finasteride daily and applying Rogaine once a day usually.