4.5 months 0.5mg P

joe_mama

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com! I really need some advice. I've been on 0.5mg/day Propecia for almost 4.5 months. I know it's still early, but I've been having a lot of fall out over the past month....and it most of it seems to be in the front where I'm concerned about. When I comb my hair in the back after a shower, only a couple hairs come out. But when I comb the front, hair just keeps falling out and the front has continued to thin and recede.

The thing is I'm not seeing any stronger hair come in and I'm getting worried that this isn't just a shed, but an increased progression of hairloss.

What I'm unsure about is if I should step up the dosage to 1mg. I got a blood test before I stated (test/estrogen/DHT) and I'm thinking about getting another before I step up the dosage. Any ideas?

G

joe_mama said:
HairLossTalk.com! I really need some advice. I've been on 0.5mg/day Propecia for almost 4.5 months. I know it's still early, but I've been having a lot of fall out over the past month....and it most of it seems to be in the front where I'm concerned about. When I comb my hair in the back after a shower, only a couple hairs come out. But when I comb the front, hair just keeps falling out and the front has continued to thin and recede.

The thing is I'm not seeing any stronger hair come in and I'm getting worried that this isn't just a shed, but an increased progression of hairloss.

What I'm unsure about is if I should step up the dosage to 1mg. I got a blood test before I stated (test/estrogen/DHT) and I'm thinking about getting another before I step up the dosage. Any ideas?

Are you also using minoxidil and nizoral with your .5MG?

joe_mama

Established Member
Reaction score
hey

I'm using Nizoral with the Propecia. I wanted to see what my results would be with just the propecia so I can distinguish and then decide if I want to add to it.

joe_mama

Established Member
Reaction score
hey

HairLossTalk.com?....You there?......

What I'm unsure about is if I should step up the dosage to 1mg. I got a blood test before I stated (test/estrogen/DHT) and I'm thinking about getting another before I step up the dosage. Any ideas? I use Nizoral too.