3rd time trying finasteride...this time at .25mg! Still got side effects!

maxout777

Reaction score
Well, it took me about a week to feel 100% normal again after completely stopping finasteride. Gyno pains went away and regained 100% of the mental acuity I had prior to being on finasteride... But with all of these also came extreme scalp DHT itches in the areas that I'm balding in. Which is almost as bad as the side effects in my mind, because it's a 24/7 thing!

I also lost about 2cm of hairline in my recessed temples since the last finasteride effort.

I began trying yet again...a 4th (or maybe it's a 5th or 6th...I can't remember anymore) time about 2 and a half weeks ago. Only this time I'm only doing .5mg every night. And within the 1st day- guess what:

-watery semen
-decreased ejaculate
-mild brain fog/difficulty remembering things
-no more DHT itch
-less oily skin
-bloating feeling in abdomen

Same as before. I just can't seem to win. I'm still on attempt number 4 as we speak and feeling pretty spaced out today. Last two days have been a blur because of it. I just absolutely refuse to be that bald guy in his twenties. I see what kind of social suicide it is.

Yeah sounds like it's just not going to work without sides for you, and I'm sure it wouldn't work for me since I got the same problems from a much weaker, natural DHT inhibitor. I'm on the slow climb back to recovery still....probably gonna avoid finasteride altogether after this.

abcdefg

Reaction score
They really should sell prescription drugs in light/medium/strong variations so light is .25mg, medium is .5 and strong is 1mg. Then you have the option of splitting say light into 4 pieces to get tinier doses because you cant split 1mg any smaller then 4 pieces really without trying to dissolve into some solution. Some guys would be a lot better off taking smaller doses then .25 to try to avoid sides but its kind of impractical with the standard 1mg dose going below .25

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in a very similar situation. I've got sleep problems, brain fog, extreme fatigue, etc. The sexual sides are not worth mentioning compared to these.

But what's strange is that I never got any of these problems when I first started finasteride 7 years ago. In retrospection these sides builds up in years, until it becomes just impossible to deny any of them.

I've quit finasteride for 20+ days. Before that I tried 0.5 mg every other day and I still got severe sides. After quitting I've been on topical RU 5% 1 to 2 ml EOD, in KB solution. It seemed fine in the first few days but now I get very similar sides too.

Yesterday night I felt so exhausted and I told myself no you can't be doing this anymore...So I applied only less than 0.5 ml RU solution, which would be less than 25 mg RU. And today I feel so refreshed, like I'm a reborn man! No exaggeration. Then I did a little experiment: I applied around 0.5 ml RU solution to my head in the middle of the day, around 3 pm. In less than 20 minutes brain fog and fatigue rose up, and all the motivation, productivity, and optimism I've felt earlier today went away. It's just so incredible!!!

(But, RU does work for me hair wise. And the effects come as quick as the sides: every time I applied RU, the itch and inflammation in the applied area goes away in seconds.)

So I guess all these experience put together, the finasteride nightmares and the hazardously instantaneous RU reaction, is just enough to prove that I'm just so super sensitive to any AA. And I have to try taking a shift now if I want both my hair and my health. Maybe seti? I don't know. I don't even know where I can get that ****.

And if I were you I would probably just shave my head. You've got great facial hair and I don't think you'd look bad shaved. Facial hair can be equally great at framing your face. This is just my personal perspective, no offense. Actually I envy your facial hair. I barely have any facial hair and I don't look good shaved :(

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
If you are getting sides I would quit finasteride or even RU. At the rate you are going "Wang" would no longer be an appropriate name for you.

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, I'm on the same boat as you. I tired .5mg, couldn't take it. Dropped down to a .25mg; lot's of brain fog and tiredness, but not as bad as .5mg. Working at my job ****ing sucked--I work at FedEx Freight, so we drive forks and use pallet-jacks. But the forgetfulness was so bad--this affected my work greatly because there's a lot of logistics to mail lol I tried switching it to EOD but symptoms only slightly improved. After two weeks of feeling like absolute ****, I dropped finasteride. I took saw palmetto because f**k it and it's decreased my shedding quite a bit surprisingly; finasteride stopped the shedding. It's only temporary though, I plan on getting back onto finasteride. As far as libido, I did experience decreased libido, but it wasnt anything that was excessively worrying.