34-yr Old Male, Uk, 2011 Fue Grafts From Dr ********, Aug 2017

David1984

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping this is the right place to post the pictures of a transplant I recieved from Dr ******** on Aug 14th 2017. It's the 1 year anniversary of it tomorrow and, after sending pictures to Dr ********'s patient coordinator Hilde, I was asked to post them online on forums.

I'm sorry that I didn't take photos of the results periodically as I did not want to be vigilant to the point of being tempted into disrupting the process, if anyone understands. So I simply let the transplant heal and grow until the 7/8 month mark.

I'm happy to supply more information/photos and a personal endorsement of Dr ******** & his team on here to anyone who is considering getting the procedure done.

Attachments

• 1523891190086.JPEG
    1523891190086.JPEG
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,185

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look's like very natural work, congrats! Would you be able to take a more sharper close up shot of your hairline?

Last edited:

David1984

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was looking for pictures of before the hair transplant. I didn't have many because I hated my photo being takrn but found a couple. 20180814_102044.jpg 20180814_102147.jpg

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. The results look impressive with plenty of density, especially considering it was FUE with only 2011 grafts!
Was your hair loss stabilized before the procedure? I see you're on Propecia; did you start before or after the transplant?
Your frontal third was only diffusely thinned before the procedure. Did you experience any shock loss?
I'm asking as I am a NW3v.....so far the opinion is they would rather focus on frontal third density without addressing the diffusely-thinned crown, most likely with consideration of shock loss. I'm hoping that with possibly an estimated 3000-graft FUT, there would be enough to help my crown as well.

David1984

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. The results look impressive with plenty of density, especially considering it was FUE with only 2011 grafts!
Was your hair loss stabilized before the procedure? I see you're on Propecia; did you start before or after the transplant?
Your frontal third was only diffusely thinned before the procedure. Did you experience any shock loss?
I'm asking as I am a NW3v.....so far the opinion is they would rather focus on frontal third density without addressing the diffusely-thinned crown, most likely with consideration of shock loss. I'm hoping that with possibly an estimated 3000-graft FUT, there would be enough to help my crown as well.

I'm pretty sure I'd stabilised the hair loss before the procedure.

In the year prior to undergoing the hair transplant I experimented with different doses of propecia, taking blood analysis of DHT levels a couple of times along the way until I arrived at a dose that balanced a significant enough DHT drop with little-to-no side-effects. Alongside the minoxidil use, to my eye, I was pretty sure this arrested the hair loss virtually completely and I've continued with this regime in the year since the hair transplant.

I didn't notice any shock loss, however I have found a blurry picture taken a few weeks after the hair transplant which appears to show less density in the frontal third than there was before. I've attached it, you can make up your own mind.

I personally think it's just because the area was shaved down and that's why it looks thinner. But there's so much change taking place in such a short space of time it's hard to know.

I have no idea about the crown as it was left completely alone and not even mentioned in the initial consultation with Dr. ******** in London.

Attachments

• 20180814_102311.jpg
    20180814_102311.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 517

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't notice any shock loss, however I have found a blurry picture taken a few weeks after the hair transplant which appears to show less density in the frontal third than there was before. I've attached it, you can make up your own mind.

I personally think it's just because the area was shaved down and that's why it looks thinner. But there's so much change taking place in such a short space of time it's hard to know.

I have no idea about the crown as it was left completely alone and not even mentioned in the initial consultation with Dr. ******** in London.

Presumably, you had a fully-shaved head for the FUE, so the native hair and grafted hair all grew from nothing? From your pic, it does look like the frontal third was the same length as native hair but thinner, but as you said we will never know. It could simply be down to the fact that one can never have their transplanted region with as much density as their native hair.
You're rather lucky that there was no need to address the crown at all. I'm at a loss as to whether I want my crown done....but I guess we will find out when Dr. B sees how many grafts can be harvested and weigh up the pros and cons. I can't exactly hope for anything which looks as great as yours, but it's worth a try.
Enjoy your new hair!

Last edited: