33 and looking for guidance

j250432

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I’ve been a long time lurker of the forums and really appreciate this community.

With that said, I’ve hated my hair for years and have always been on the lookout for a solution, but I’m tired of the “5 years away” stuff that we always see.

I am currently 33 years old. I am somewhere between NW2-NW3 I think? I’ve always had a hideous widows peak since I was a kid and a high hairline, which is just a brutal combo that I’m super insecure about.

I am willingly to go the FUE route and have had several consultations to fill in the front. However, my family history dictates that I will likely see another 2 inches of recession in the front to end up somewhere between NW3-4. No one going back generations has lost anything in the back, it’s just that front island that builds.

( I’ve done an embarrassing amount of family genetic history on this.)

My question is: if I do get work done now and have it filled in and end up losing more native hair behind it, how goofy will I look? Am I basically guaranteeing myself a second transplant if I do?

Thanks

Last edited:

j250432

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not. I’ve gone back and forth in my head about it many times.

Honestly it’s looked similar to this for the last decade, but I know my time is probably running out to make that choice.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am not. I’ve gone back and forth in my head about it many times.

Honestly it’s looked similar to this for the last decade, but I know my time is probably running out to make that choice.h
Given your age and you still have a decent head of hair without treatements I think it’s safe to say your progression is very slow. If you’re scared of side effects just micro dose finasteride.