30 and thinning like crazy!

Ani-G

Reaction score
Am somewhat reposting as I at first posted in what I now understand as "the men's section".

OK, so am 30, female, and my hair is half as thick as it was just a couple years ago. It's falling out all over the place and really freaking me out. I am pulling handfuls out when I brush, wash my hair, even just run my fingers through my hair. No family history, a few stressful life changes but those have leveled out (quite a while ago), the hair still just keeps pouring out of my head.

I have to do something...or soon I'll be bald as GI Jane...trust me, no one wants to see that!

Any advice or tips? I don't even know where to start, will be talking to my Doctor next week to start trying to figure this out, but that will still take a while to figure out what exactly is causing the hair to drop like dead flies, I'm sure.

Is there something I could be doing in the meanwhile??? I'm desperate to at least slow this progression down. I have tried shampoos and vitamins and the like, none seem to have much of an effect so far. Though I haven't been taking them all that long.

Help, please. I welcome any advice. :lost:

Thanks so much!

Ani

Ani-G

Reaction score
Talked to my docs yesterday. My numbers are mostly normal, there are some slightly off levels as far as protein and red and white blood cell counts. Also I seem to have developed high blood pressure and HDL cholesterol.

I hope getting some of this stuff leveled out may help, but we don't think it is the main cause of my hair loss, as I've been losing the hair alot longer and just developed these issues recently.

I think now is the time to start digging in and figuring out if there is anything I can do to srop the thinning. I'm not waiting on my Doctor, or a referral...I'm jumping in and taking action!

So, seeing as I am starting from scratch and have no clue where to begin...any advice on treatments that might be best to start with? I would really appreciate any help anyone might be able to give me as far as direction, tip, pointers, anything.

Thanks for listening! :jump:

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2% minoxidil for ladies, to be used daily twice. That is where you can begin with.

aphelion08

Reaction score
excessive hair shedding in my 30's also with low ferritin/iron and high blood pressur

Hi Ani,

I'm wondering if your shedding has got any better. I also have had excessive shedding and hair loss in my 30's, and I also have low ferritin, low iron levels as well as significantly high blood pressure and was also wondering if those could have something to do with the hair loss but my dermatologist dismissed it and diagnosed me with female pattern baldness. I just began taking rogaine 5%.

Did your shedding get better? Did you find out if there was any correlation with high blood pressure?

Best,
Natascha

Chino

Reaction score
Glad to know I'm not alone!

Growing up I had thick hair. I am 37 now, have never had children, and as far as I know I'm not going through menopause, but my hair is coming out like crazy whenever I brush or wash my hair, and even when I just run my fingers through it. The texture has changed, too. Not only is the curl leaving, but it feels like "Barbie hair". Not shine, no softness, just kinda blah. My mom went through a very stressful time and lost the majority of her once-thick hair. What scares me most about it is like her, I have severe itching and burning on my scalp. It feels like bugs are crawling through my hair or something! :crazy: Does anyone else have this?