3 Years On Finasteride Today; Pics Attached

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 year hairiversary, folks. Here's a crown comparison for you. finasteride's been good to me; hope the best for you guys out there.

Attachments

• Hair May 2016.png
    Hair May 2016.png
    954 KB · Views: 3,371
  • 3 years finasteride.jpg
    3 years finasteride.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 3,293

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any timeline of your results? First notice changes in year 1? 2? 3? Was it gradual or sudden?

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any timeline of your results? First notice changes in year 1? 2? 3? Was it gradual or sudden?

It was kind of weird for me. I'd say I first noticed some pretty surprisingly good results in the first couple of months. Then it started to drop off again and didn't really get back to those good results again until like a year after that. Over the last two years, it's been pretty consistent.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was kind of weird for me. I'd say I first noticed some pretty surprisingly good results in the first couple of months. Then it started to drop off again and didn't really get back to those good results again until like a year after that. Over the last two years, it's been pretty consistent.

Like what sort surprisingly good results? New growth? A slowdown in shedding? Both? Something else?

I'm discouraged because I've been taking it two months and nearly every success story I read there is some change noticable in the early months but I'm seeing nothing at all.

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like what sort surprisingly good results? New growth? A slowdown in shedding? Both? Something else?

I'm discouraged because I've been taking it two months and nearly every success story I read there is some change noticable in the early months but I'm seeing nothing at all.

I'm on month 9 now and I was still shedding month 2. I noticed really minor improvement around maybe month 4 and it has been gradual since then. Looks a tiny bit better every few months. I still gotta use a little toppik on the crown under bright lights.

What people say here is true it's a multi-year process since hair cycles are so slow and patience is everything. I wanna get on dutasteride someday but not sure when to make the switch since it's harder to get a script for.

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Combination of new growth and almost no shedding, plus my hair was just behaving much more manageably. But then it sort of gradually unraveled its progress. The point of that is that this is really a marathon, not a sprint. So stick to the course! I don't think you'll regret, either because 1. You'll know you gave it your best shot, or 2. It ends up working out for you. Good luck!

I'm on month 9 now and I was still shedding month 2. I noticed really minor improvement around maybe month 4 and it has been gradual since then. Looks a tiny bit better every few months. I still gotta use a little toppik on the crown under bright lights.

What people say here is true it's a multi-year process since hair cycles are so slow and patience is everything. I wanna get on dutasteride someday but not sure when to make the switch since it's harder to get a script for.

Keep to the mission. It'll pay off, I am sure. I haven't tried to get on dutasteride and I probably won't, but I'm interested to see how that works out for you if you decide to get on it.

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride changed your hair color also? :)

No, the first photo was taken in a bathroom at an apartment at which I no longer live. So replicating the lighting wasn't really going to happen. Still, the results show for what they are.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you say “it started to drop off again” did you return to baseline or did you shed till your hair was worse than before starting finasteride? -before making progress again.....