3 questions before starting finasteride

Pak

Reaction score
1st: How many ppl really have succes with finasteride? Because i think thousans are under treatment and active here on this forum but only a few succes stories that ive read.

2nd: All of those who started finasteride faced this shedding before starting to see some results?

3rd: Is that true that finasteride could help with seb dermatits?(this is what my derm said).

Thanks in advance ... i created this topic becoz i wanna know how many chances i have to see some real results with finasteride..

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
Pak said:
1st: How many ppl really have succes with finasteride? Because i think thousans are under treatment and active here on this forum but only a few succes stories that ive read.

2nd: All of those who started finasteride faced this shedding before starting to see some results?

3rd: Is that true that finasteride could help with seb dermatits?(this is what my derm said).

Thanks in advance ... i created this topic becoz i wanna know how many chances i have to see some real results with finasteride..

1. 66% were shown to regrow hair over a 5 year period over a 1" diameter circle (probably around the vertex.) 90% of men using the drug had visible results: halt of hair loss and/or regrowth. JayMan used avodart, and he had really visible results. If you're looking for some miracle to grow all your hair back, you won't find it with finasteride.

2. I believe most people that say they're shedding are in fact not shedding at all. Losing 30 hairs in the morning while shampooing, applying minoxidil, and brushing your hair is not shedding. Additionally, finasteride works right away, but your hair is still affected by the remaining DHT and future DHT. This is because Finasteride and Dutasteride inhibits the production of DHT, and it does not inhibit it by 100%.

I'm not sure if Finasteride will unexpectedly shift your hair from the anagen phase to the telogen phase. This is called Telogen Effluvium. This is what would be a shed. There's also Anagen Effluvium, which is the result of chemo/radiation treament for cancer.

3. As far as I know, seborrheic dermatitis is caused by a fungus called malassezia. Do you have this on your scalp? Nizoral may help. I believe T-Gel helps, too. I haven't heard of finasteride being used or helping with dermatitis.