3 months on propecia

about2bebald

Reaction score
Hello Guys I'm new to the forum, I been taking propecia for 3 months now and it is accelerating my hairloss. My hairloss use to be only the crown and my hairline was in good condition. Even since i took finasteride it seems like my hairline is thinning. Im ready to give up the pill and also its making me really tired every time i workout and i feel like i have to work out harder for muscle gains. Also i use to have cut body now its becoming flabby and i work out 5 times a week. Is it possible for propecia to have a reverse effect on hairloss??

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
don't give up, everyone seems to thin out around the 3-5 month mark, keep with it, thats what i say

muaythai187

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel you man, I think a lot of people are in the same boat as you. I have been on finasteride for 4 months and it seems like it speeding up the hairloss. I'm just trying to stay positive and hopefully it will turn around. I have to agree about finasteride does make you gain weight and feel tired. As a professional athlethe I work out hard everyday and feel like im always tired ,pushing myself to work out harder than before. Well good luck bro, hopefully everything will work out for you..

Jomama

Reaction score
I feel my hairline was lost after starting propecia. My temples seemed to thin out more. But then they started slowly coming back in about 3 months into it. My vertex filled in immediately. But i did experience some thinning in the front and on top early on. I have always had fast growing hair, so maybe i just responded quicker than normal after the initial thinning. But it does get worse before it gets better.

You head has to get rid of the old and thin to make room for the newer and thicker.

There are no studies that Propecia makes your hair worse that i know of. It will either get better or remain the same. Just lean toward the hope for regrowth.

Pondle

Reaction score
Jomama said:
There are no studies that Propecia makes your hair worse that i know of. It will either get better or remain the same. Just lean toward the hope for regrowth.

But there are some non-responders, or at least very poor responders. In the studies, after 2 years 17% of men taking Propecia experienced further hair loss. After 5 years, that figure was 35%.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Pondle said:
Jomama said:

But there are some non-responders, or at least very poor responders. In the studies, after 2 years 17% of men taking Propecia experienced further hair loss. After 5 years, that figure was 35%.

as long as Propecia can buy me some time, its good enough for me.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
keep your expectations low and you'll be delighted even with a little regrowth. :)