3 months on finasteride 1mg daily only.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
They won't do anything, my GP was balding himself and he told me that nothing works. Get your prescription online.
Nothing works long term for most people. At some point your sensitivity to androgens is too strong for finasteride to help and you either get on dutasteride or quit. Dutasteride I think blocks around 65% of scalp dht? So it won't help forever either. However, if you have reasonable goals it can be worth it. If I get to age 40 and really start losing ground despite treatment then I'm calling it quits. 40 is an acceptable age to lose hair as you are way past your prime and no longer considered a young adult and even with hair 21-35 year old women are going to ignore you. Most women over 35 realize they aren't worth sh*t either and drop standards.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing works long term for most people. At some point your sensitivity to androgens is too strong for finasteride to help and you either get on dutasteride or quit. Dutasteride I think blocks around 65% of scalp dht? So it won't help forever either. However, if you have reasonable goals it can be worth it. If I get to age 40 and really start losing ground despite treatment then I'm calling it quits. 40 is an acceptable age to lose hair as you are way past your prime and no longer considered a young adult and even with hair 21-35 year old women are going to ignore you. Most women over 35 realize they aren't worth sh*t either and drop standards.
It's depressing that there is no cure to baldness. I never even thought that I'd be affected with this sh*t, my dads side have perfect hair.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's depressing that there is no cure to baldness. I never even thought that I'd be affected with this sh*t, my dads side have perfect hair.
Same here. I heard you got this from your moms x chromosome. Everyone on my moms family had hair till death. My dad is bald but his moms dad was bald too and he has a half brother who is older who went bald in his 50s which is very common and his moms dad didn't go bald young. So it all made sense to me that your mom passed it down.

Complete lie. You can get it from your dad even though a major factor is on the x chromosome, there are other factors as well.

Recently my mom complained about how I don't drop standards. I said my only standard is not being obese. She then started bashing me about how I'm going bald and it led to a massive argument. The delusion women have to compare obesity to balding. I would trade my balding gene to immediately put me at 300lbs overweight. If I was I would have done something about it and see immediate results guaranteed. But finasteride is basically a prayer and there is no cure for this. An obese woman has options and a bald man has none.