3 month dutasteride update

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all
I have been on dutasteride for almost three months and I am satisfied with the results so far.

Previous to taking dutasteride I was on 5mg of proscar...alot I know but it helping maintain my hair. However I have been on a shed for the past five months but now I am starting to make a comeback.

Individual hair is getting thicker and the receding on my left temple has started to fill in with thick hairs that are actually growing like normal hairs.

My hair is less greasy, easier to maintain...and Im doing something I thought I could never do again...wash my hair ever other day...not like I do this regularly or anything but if I get lazy my hair still looks alright.

So what about side effects.....
Well, I did have some mild probs...BUT... I was able to correct them with this simple formula. Two GNC mega men tabs in the morning and 2500 milligrams of arginine per day.

I wouldn't say that Im outta the woods by any means...but things are starting to look up for me :) ....at the moment. Im 22 years old and have been battling this sh*t since I was 17. I still have a cosmetically acceptable amount of hair and I decided that doing everything i possibly could EARLY in the process would be my only shot at saving my hair.

If anyone else is questioning using dutasteride...I say do it!! bring in the big guns early and give yourself the best chance you have of saving your hair.

I was worried about the sideeffects too... :( but the mega men and arginine really make a difference. If Propecia is working good for you then stick with it...but for people like me those few extra DHT inhibting percentage points really seemed to help out. Not everyone's results will be the same....who knows in a few months I may be back bitching about how my hair is turning to sh*t again...but take it from me if your young you might as well take advantage :roll:

Good luck to everyone.........I know what it be like :(

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are you on 0.5mg? And are you using anything else? nizoral? Min? spironolactone?

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
what i use

0.5 dutasteride daily
nizoral every third day

This is the UGH regiem

Bono

Reaction score
what are the side effects

do you have any?