28 year old female...is this normal?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What exactly are their regimens? Do they involve 5AR inhibitors and minoxidil?
Some might use 5AR inhibitors if they are not interested in having children. I ask well, how about more estrogen, that worked for me? But many/most seem to indicate that supplementing estrogen for hair loss purposes is like pushing on a string for XX's and there's a fear of increased breast cancer risk which MtF's only partially experience. But some women try spironolactone and oral min and regular min and they still can't get the part to thicken up. One has baldness way down into her fringe area and I used to ask but after a while, asking just makes people feel worse especially if someone else is improving and we are not.

I have tried to increase my focus on XX's but virtually all of the literature relates to XY's and MtF's and very little for XX females. For some people of the female variety .25mg oral min and 25 to 50 mg of spironolactone can work wonders and that seems to be the very first gold standard protocol. spironolactone usually does work better for females but these cases trouble and puzzle me. Goddess. It's bad enough for a guy to go bald but my 18 year old friend has been balding since 14 and she feels exactly about guys finding her attractive as most of the bald guys on here feel about women not finding them attractive post-hair loss.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some might use 5AR inhibitors if they are not interested in having children. I ask well, how about more estrogen, that worked for me? But many/most seem to indicate that supplementing estrogen for hair loss purposes is like pushing on a string for XX's and there's a fear of increased breast cancer risk which MtF's only partially experience. But some women try spironolactone and oral min and regular min and they still can't get the part to thicken up. One has baldness way down into her fringe area and I used to ask but after a while, asking just makes people feel worse especially if someone else is improving and we are not.

I have tried to increase my focus on XX's but virtually all of the literature relates to XY's and MtF's and very little for XX females. For some people of the female variety .25mg oral min and 25 to 50 mg of spironolactone can work wonders and that seems to be the very first gold standard protocol. spironolactone usually does work better for females but these cases trouble and puzzle me. Goddess. It's bad enough for a guy to go bald but my 18 year old friend has been balding since 14 and she feels exactly about guys finding her attractive as most of the bald guys on here feel about women not finding them attractive post-hair loss.
For me personally dutasteride 0.5mg, minoxidil 5%, spironolactone 50mg, laser, microneedling, are giving me good results.
Increasing estrogen does indeed hold a risk for women.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like female pattern balding. Look into dermaroller/microneedle in conjunction with rogaine/minoxidil foam. Start early, worry less.
Should probably recommend her to see a doctor and have blood work done, it could be due to anything. Hate it when people jump to conclusions. FEMALE BALDNESS!!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
25mg of spironolactone is really not the recommended dose for women. Mostly it is 100mg that is prescribed by dermatologists.
I had a massive shed from starting minoxidil 5%, but then later lots of regrowth.
it’s just not true that hair loss in women is mild or will fix itself and needs lighter treatments.
Janey never said that. The opposite is true and female pattern baldness is often stubbornly resistant to things that typically work for XY females.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Should probably recommend her to see a doctor and have blood work done, it could be due to anything. Hate it when people jump to conclusions. FEMALE BALDNESS!!
She posted pics and you want to send her to the dermatologist? Anyone who posts should know that dermatologists do exist. Many of them are useless according to some of these females and some younger balding guys. Endos mostly focus on cancer. People on here some times do have superior expertise. Remember you are a mere mortal.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
She posted pics and you want to send her to the dermatologist? Anyone who posts should know that dermatologists do exist. Many of them are useless according to some of these females and some younger balding guys. Endos mostly focus on cancer. People on here some times do have superior expertise. Remember you are a mere mortal.
Nah, just want her to get bloods done because it could be iron def, vit d, etc.