28 y/o, time to face the facts!

rigs03

Reaction score
Well, all through my mid twenties I thought I might be keeping a full head of hair until I grow grey and old! The past year or so however, i started noticing a lot of shedding as I grew my hair out a little bit. It went away, or so I thought, and then came back full force. I started experiencing RAPID shedding. It got to the point where it would fall off of my head into the sink until I stopped gently rubbing it. It just kept going and going and going until I would stop. Scary stuff! I buzzed my head and noticed how bad it had gotten. Not only receding but very very thin, I can see my scalp all over my head when looking from the top, and even on the sides there are starting to get "bare" spots. I'm 28 now.

So, I started researching and instantly started Nizoral twice per week. Right now I'm using 1%-- is it recommended to go to 2% or should 1 be fine?

I ordered and received some generic propecia (finpecia 1mg from All Day Chemist). I am starting this at 1mg/day until I can get a dr or derma appt, unless there is no real reason to and the online generic will do just fine?

I do not have minoxidil yet, but no I can easily go pick this up at the store or order online. I guess my biggest confusion on the Big 3 treatment is how to know if and when to add minoxidil to fina/keto, or if one should just start it no matter what?

Glad to be here I have learned so much already. Thanks for reading!

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can start the minoxidil whenever you want. It wont do anything to slow the underlying cause of baldness but it will give you additional regrowth (sometimes a lot but sometimes just a little as well). Or you can decide not to take it.

You are doing pretty much everything you can so good luck

rigs03

Reaction score
You can start the minoxidil whenever you want. It wont do anything to slow the underlying cause of baldness but it will give you additional regrowth (sometimes a lot but sometimes just a little as well). Or you can decide not to take it.

You are doing pretty much everything you can so good luck

Thanks man, fingers crossed