27m - Thinning Vertex - Need Advice

Novva

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well, as many before me, I need your advice concerning my hairloss. In October my barber said my crown looked bad. I wouldn't have known if he hadn't told me because I never paid attention to it. But now I can see my hair is definitelyless dense than it used to be and I'm freaking out. I'd like to know how bad it is at this point and what advice you have please.

I'm 27 and my temples have receded a few years ago and they've been stable for the last couple of years. However I am pretty sure the central point of my hairline has never moved.
My father and my uncles from both sides all have receded temples but a decent hairline nonetheless for men in their 50s.On my father's side, my uncle and him have also shown a slight diffuse thinning recently.

Given my hairline and the thinning of my crown I'd say I'm a NW3, right?
What treatment would you suggest? I've seen that side effects of finasteride can be quite bad while some people haven't had any in many years of use. This makes me consider the stem cells Rigenerate thing, but I don't know how effective it is. Or is a hair transplant an option for the crown?

I have an appointment with a specialized dermatologist in a few days but he has very mixed reviews and it's a real pain in the butt to find one who accepts new patients where I live. So I could reaaally use your advice too.
hairline_front.png hairline_left.png hairline_right.png vertex1.png vertex2.png vertex3.png

Last edited:

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ur norwood 2 at most and i am not sure ur crown is thinning but i do not think it is.

Novva

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, little update here.
The dermatologist I saw confirmed my crown is thinning though it's still an early stage.
I've been on minoxidil 5% for almost 2 weeks now. The dermatologist didn't give me finasteride since it's being very controversed in Europe apparently. But as a replacement of finasteride, he said I could do sessions of LED helmet at his cabinet every month. Since it's very expensive I don't think I will, or very occasionally. He also told me about trioxidil, as a more powerful minoxidil. Does anyone have an opinion on this?
I haven't noticed any unusual shedding due to minoxidil for now. I hope it's working anyway. I'm supposed to see again the dermatologist after the 3rd month of minoxidil to check how it's going.
I'll keep this thread updated to tell how thing are going.
Wish me luck!

Novva

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Little update after 9 months of minoxidil 5% twice a day. I had my hair cut a couple days ago and thought it was time to check up on the evolution.
Sadly there's been no miracle at all: my vertex hasn't improved over the last few months (but it's not really worse either I think) and my hairline has kept on receding.

Can you guys tell me what you think? I'm having trouble saying how bad it is. I don't know if it's going fast or not. Would finasteride help? The practitioner I saw last year said he wouldn't prescribe it because of the side effects, but I think I'm ready to give it a shot if it can help.

Attachments

• Front.png
    Front.png
    378.4 KB · Views: 430
  • Left.png
    Left.png
    531.9 KB · Views: 430
  • Right.png
    Right.png
    595.9 KB · Views: 428
  • Vertex.png
    Vertex.png