26/M - Diffiuse Thinning since I was 19.. sharing my progress

ForgotMyUsername

My Regimen
Reaction score
Started noticing hairloss when I was 19, I didn't take any action until I was 25, I regret this deeply - I was too scared of the horror stories I would read online, even though I'd lurk on various forums/reddit, I had enough information to make an informed decision, I never took the leap.

I started Finasteride April 2021, I tried adding minoxidil but didn't make it a habit up until a few weeks ago, I've also added dermarolling.

I would compulsively take pictures of my hair 24/7 for the past 5-6 years, It took a massive toll on my mental health, once I got on finasteride I stopped fixating on it as much and just took pics here and there, I was a little surprised to see the progress I've made in a year, I don't honestly really notice a big difference... perhaps that has to do with the fact that I stopped fixating on it as much and just lived on.

I've had no side affects with Finasteride and hoping I don't ever get any, looking forward to seeing what type of gains I'd be looking to get with Min + Dermarolling added onto my routine.

I *think I might be going through a minoxidil shed at the moment (see pics below) - Any ideas if this is what's happening or are the pics of my buzzcut from earlier this month deceiving me lol

Attachments

• 1 YEAR PRIOR.jpg
    1 YEAR PRIOR.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 286
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 291
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 293
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 285
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 286
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 292
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 296

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Glad you finally got on finasteride and min. I see definite improvement with density.

You may not see much more re-growth but you'll stop/delay further hair loss for a loooooong time most likely.

ForgotMyUsername

My Regimen
Reaction score
Glad you finally got on finasteride and min. I see definite improvement with density.

You may not see much more re-growth but you'll stop/delay further hair loss for a loooooong time most likely.
Thanks, there's definitely been an improvement with density, I'm really hoping for some regrowth around the temples with Min + Dermarolling, I'm currently going through a really massive shed that's affecting my hairline, hopefully it comes back stronger in the next few months.