.25 or .50 propecia, is it worth it ?

Rich78

Established Member
Reaction score
So I finally decided to start propecia. I was thinking of splitting the pill into 4 pieces and start out with .25 every other day as to avoid a shock to my body and see how I feel.

I was wondering if anyone else here does this and found success or is it just a waste of time?

I really want to ease into this not just just in feet first.

Any thought on this idea ?

OzzyB

Reaction score
I was taking 1mg until I noticed side effects like sore nipple, at the moment I am taking 0.5mg and will work my way up to 1mg of propecia in a months time.

If you experience sexual or sore nipple sides, make sure you take zinc and copper supplements.

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing the same thing... tried it twice before and took 1.25 proscar or name brand and i think i shocked my body bc after a few weeks i got sides... then tried a lower dose but got scared and stopped.... i would like to know how this works... keep us posted

badday

Reaction score
I am thinking the same think. After all i decide to start with finasteride but im afraid of side effects. 0.25 every other day i think is to small dose, Maybe is better 0.5 every other day or 0.
25 every day. The more experience people here plz post!!

Finnjävel

Established Member
Reaction score
I began with 1.25mg/day as prescribed. I got some sides for the first five days or so but that's normal. If you get some sides in the beginning, just ride it out.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with Finnjavel. I got some pretty bad sexual sides after 10 days to the point I was almost completely impotent. But I took one day off and carried on with the medication. Within a week things were much better.

badday

Reaction score
reckless for what dose are you talking? Day after day do you have any competent effort ?

abcdefg

Reaction score
Better then nothing. I was thinking if I start propecia I am going to take .25mg mainly to save money because I am not a millionaire and a 60 a month bill for the rest of my life on top of a cell phone bill would send me to the poor house. No physician is going to risk his license or liability to write you proscar for off label use, and the last option is order from some online pharmacy with no prescription and hope they actually sent you propecia and not a very commonly counterfeited drug that is not discernible from the real thing by an average person.
I also am pretty sure in some other country propecia is recommended at a dose of .2. Some experts have argued about whether the dose of 1mg is really definitive and whether .2mg is better in the long run for long term safety.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I would suggest if you get sore nipples you stop taking it and see a dermatologist or doctor before starting again.