24yo Female With Likely Cte: Looking For Advice/feedback

dodobird

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, new here and seeking advice and feedback on what I am planning to do about my (supposed) CTE.

About me:
  • I'm now 24.
  • Age 19 - was alarmed by huge clumps of hair loss on comb + in shower, went for many months.
  • Dermatologist took history, did hair pull test, said it was chronic telogen effluvium. Said I'd never have the same thick head of hair I used to have, but that it would eventually settle.
  • I did nothing for ages. The hair loss did eventually settle, but it's now noticeably thinner than it was years ago, which is very upsetting.

Background:
  • Combined oral contraceptive pill since age 21,
  • Iron deficient for a few years till I had an iron infusion (4 months ago) - levels are good now.
  • No other meds or conditions. All thyroid, FBC, B12, folate, vitamin D, ferritin levels normal
  • I know CTE is linked to major stress. I've had various e.g. uni stress, break-ups, illnesses whilst travelling - who knows how significant though.

Treatment: I have finally decided to take action as I really miss the thick mane of hair I used to have! After doing some research I'm planning:
  • Minoxidil (regaine) 2% topical solution, once in the morning, once at night
  • Viviscal supplement, one tablet in the morning, one at night
  • Hair Assist All Natural Shampoo (and conditioner)
Just wanting to hear people's thoughts, if they've had a similar experience, etc.

Thanks!!