24M Hairloss need advice + journey updates

Vomido

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just became 24 years old this month and I decided I want to fix my hair or at least stop it from progressing more.

My plan is to dermaroll with 1.5mm and use a good shampoo (not sure which one yet).

I don't want to resort to minoxidil or finasteride for 2 reasons: side-effects and long-term commitment.
I am worried that if I start using either one and I stop at some point my hair will get worse than how it is now.

I want to ask, is there going to be any effect only from dermarolling once per week the dead zone of my temples in hopes of recovering it?

I will post update pics every month or so.
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
without finasteride your hair loss will keep progressing. It's all about calming the stream first, the stream being your androgens eating your hair. finasteride will stabilize thaat.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, it's possible that derma rolling alone might help a bit. But I have also seen a number of users who had terrible sheds from derma rolling alone and never recovered. I've even seen those on treatments lose some ground by derma rolling. It is a bit of a risk, and even more of a risk when not on any other treatments. You have to have long term commitment to some effective form of treatment if you want to stave off your hair loss. You are about NW3 and there is clearly some miniaturization still going on (small hairs), which is a sign that you are still going to lose more ground soon. Keep in mind that topical minoxidil has very few side effects, if any at all for some. If I were you, I would try derma rolling along with topical minoxidil. Some users on here have done that and saved their hair for at least a couple years. But if you are not willing to try finasteride then your only real long term solution is going to be a hair transplant. However a hair transplant can be a terrible idea if you haven't first stopped your hair loss from progressing. If I were you I would also consider RU58841 and/or topical dutasteride.

jazz1

Reaction score
The BIG3 is your only option, alternatively try Topical Finasteride which has less sides compared to oral. I been using Topical Finasteride since 2010 when oral gave me side effects. Also you could add zinc and horny goat weed daily to counter side effects.

Topical Finasteride or Dutasteride compound mixture with added anti androgen blockers. You could try the same mixture as me and see;

Lotion

15% Minoxidil
5% Azelaic Acid
0.1% Finasteride
0.25% Progesterone
0.025% Tretinoin
0.1% Hydrocortisone.

See the thread below:

Topical Finasteride

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...oxidil-finasteride-mixture-check-here.126633/

Topical Dutasteride

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...asteride-minoxidil-mixture-check-here.128666/