24 Yo, 1 Year On Finasteride... Lost A Lot Of Hair.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I actually meant Alpicort E, but yea the main active ingredient is the estradiol which is quite powerful. The systemic absorption is not that big, I had no gyno or anything, but my estradiol levels were elevated. They fell down by a mile after I started taking herbal estrogen blockers though.
Oh sorry then, but indeed they have the same substance.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh sorry then but indeed they have the same substance.
Not sure what herbal estrogen blockers are, nor have I heard of estrogen blockers except Serms. FtM's to my knowledge only use T. It's not clear if estrogen on the scalp can provide significant results without going systemic unless only used on the hairline. It might be that it has localized DHT effects and would arrest hair loss but be insufficient to regrow hair. Estrogel on the scalp works but the amount I used definitely put me at adult female levels of estradiol. Because i don't read Slavic, I am not sure exactly what form of estrogen this Alpicort has. Do you know OP?

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure what herbal estrogen blockers are, nor have I heard of estrogen blockers except Serms. FtM's to my knowledge only use T. It's not clear if estrogen on the scalp can provide significant results without going systemic unless only used on the hairline. It might be that it has localized DHT effects and would arrest hair loss but be insufficient to regrow hair. Estrogel on the scalp works but the amount I used definitely put me at adult female levels of estradiol. Because i don't read Slavic, I am not sure exactly what form of estrogen this Alpicort has. Do you know OP?
It's estradiol benzoate. It did elevate my systemic estradiol levels but not to such extreme; I just checked the previous pages of the thread when I was describing it and it was 40 pg/ml.
The substance I took to counter this was indole-3-carbinol and it worked; after a month my estrogen levels were 'too low to be measured' according to the test.
Naturally I didn't take it to transition haha, was just trying to regrow my hair. It was prescribed to me by a dermatologist (I live in Eastern Europe). And so far it seems estradiol benzoate did in fact have a powerful regrowth effect on my hairline, but I can live without it as it's probably not very healthy long term, even with indole-3-carbinol.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's estradiol benzoate. It did elevate my systemic estradiol levels but not to such extreme; I just checked the previous pages of the thread when I was describing it and it was 40 pg/ml.
The substance I took to counter this was indole-3-carbinol and it worked; after a month my estrogen levels were 'too low to be measured' according to the test.
Naturally I didn't take it to transition haha, was just trying to regrow my hair. It was prescribed to me by a dermatologist (I live in Eastern Europe). And so far it seems estradiol benzoate did in fact have a powerful regrowth effect on my hairline, but I can live without it as it's probably not very healthy long term, even with indole-3-carbinol.
You might want to start a personal thread about this and keep us updated. I would definitely be interested because as my hair restoration maxes out, I still want to help XY's do this without feminization if possible but the other main person that I know who did what I am doing also was at very high estradiol levels. I don't think those levels of estradiol would be harmful at all, either physically or psychologically since unlike increasing T, there is no roid rage or elevation in heart disease or prostate cancer risk. Please keep us informed.

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You might want to start a personal thread about this and keep us updated. I would definitely be interested because as my hair restoration maxes out, I still want to help XY's do this without feminization if possible but the other main person that I know who did what I am doing also was at very high estradiol levels. I don't think those levels of estradiol would be harmful at all, either physically or psychologically since unlike increasing T, there is no roid rage or elevation in heart disease or prostate cancer risk. Please keep us informed.
Yeah, I didn't have many if any side effects at 40 pg/ml of estradiol in blood. I went to a doctor to check for gyno since I was paranoid but they found nothing. MAYBE my face was a little puffier than usual, but I was also bulking and my weight increased so that could have very well been unrelated.