24 Years Old Diffuse Thinning Front Middle

WGPlax

Reaction score
I first noticed some hair loss at the front middle of my hairline about 2 and a half years ago, since then it has gradually gotten a little worse but has not spread so I came here to hopefully get some piece of mind. I have some slight recession in my temples but overall my hairline is still where it always has been with the exception of a triangular shaped thin spot in the middle of my hairline that has been causing me some concern. My family doesn't really have a history of hair loss, my maternal grandfather has a full head of hair at 80 as well as 2 out of 3 of my uncles on my mom's side. My father and his brother both appear to have some recession but nothing out of the ordinary for 60 year olds. My eating habits could be better, and probably the most important piece of information is that I used to have the nasty habit of straightening my hair for many years. I know, I know. When I did straighten my hair I mainly did the front middle, so pretty much exactly where I'm experiencing this diffuse thinning. Also I have a skin condition that mainly effects my scalp. I have not been to a dermatologist yet but I think it is either psoriasis or seborrheic dermatitis. Either way it consists of itchy, dry, flakey skin on the nape of my neck as well as along my hairline and on the sides of my head near my temples. My thinning spot is especially itchy. So that's about all the relevant information I can think of, hopefully some of you can give me some advice on what to do next. Thank. Photos:

- - - Updated - - -

Just some added information, if I comb the thin spot down so I can see behind it, the hair thickens back up within less than a centimeter and I didn't bother to include a picture of the crown because there's no thinning there that I can see.

Attachments

• Forward.jpg
    Forward.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 2,442
  • Full.jpg
    Full.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,842
  • Furled.jpg
    Furled.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 5,068
  • Up Dry.jpg
    Up Dry.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 6,002
  • Up Wet.jpg
    Up Wet.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 5,705

dripdrop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you guys figure it out? I'm having the same problem and I'm trying to figure out what it is