2352 Grafts Dense Packing - Dr Kaan Pekiner

lift24

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Over the years I've used this forum and a few others to lurk and do my research working out where to get a hair transplant, so I thought I'd give back and document my experience.

Background

Norwood: 3
Medications: Minoxidil (10mg Oral) Daily, Finasteride 1mg Daily, Dutasteride 500mcg once a week.

I have significant temple recession and was looking to get that filled via dense packing, also have slight thinning on the crown but I don't think that requires attention just yet.

I wanted a doctor that did the whole procedure themselves and used the manual extraction technique. I was deciding between Keser and Pekiner but went with Pekiner in the end due to less of a language barrier and the great results I'd seen on the Italian and German forums. The price was also very reasonable.

Arrival

I was met at the airport by a driver and taken to the hotel in partnership with the clinic. The hotel was less then a 5 minute walk from the clinic, it was clean and provided a free breakfast each day which I was happy with.

The Surgery

Over email correspondence prior to the surgery we had already determined the general outline of the hairline, we spent the first hour drawing on slightly different variations of the hairline and discussing them. Originally I wanted to go slightly lower with the hairline but after our discussion I decided against it and am glad I did. Dr Pekiner was very meticulous during the design stage while being open to suggestions. I appreciated this as design is crucial and should be discussed at length.

After this the operation started, it lasted 2 days working out to roughly 1200 grafts being implanted each day via the stick and place technique.
Besides the local anesthesia injections the whole thing was pretty painless.

Dr Pekiner performed the extractions, incisions and implantations which is exactly what I was looking for. Lunch was also provided during surgery days.

Thoughts

Ultimately I feel very confident with my decision to go with Dr Pekiner. I'm pleased with the hairline design and the grafts seem well placed. He took a lot of pride in his work and came across real genuine, not only did he talk me into a slightly more conservative hairline but we ended up using 300 less grafts then originally anticipated. Here are two instances where he took best patient outcome over profit.

Below are some pre and post op pictures provided by the clinic, over the next few days I'll throw some more pictures up and then move to monthly updates. Any questions feel free to post! Cheers.

Attachments

• img1 - Copy.jpg
    img1 - Copy.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,869
  • img2 - Copy.jpg
    img2 - Copy.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 2,000
  • img3 - Copy.jpg
    img3 - Copy.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,557
  • img4 - Copy.jpg
    img4 - Copy.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,693
  • img5 - Copy.jpg
    img5 - Copy.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,549

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello mate, I will post my experience with dr. Pekiner as well.
Good luck for the regrowth!

lift24

My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 8 Post Op:

Attachments

• day8back - Copy.jpg
    day8back - Copy.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 957
  • day8front - Copy.jpg
    day8front - Copy.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 928

lift24

My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 12 Post Op:
(Most Scabs have fallen off)

Attachments

• day12frontp - Copy.jpg
    day12frontp - Copy.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 1,287

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here at 12 days, with scabs fallen out and hairs still in place, you can have an idea of the final outcome and density.

zerafian

Established Member
Reaction score
well...july-october he went through the huge shedding and regrowth. So I assume, at this point, hes got a luscious head of hair :D